Idk how to date like an adult!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jennishellie
    Participant
    September 12, 2017 at 7:12 am #148735

For 8 years I have been in the same relationship with my high school sweetheart. Sadly it didn’t work…but I’ve recently met a guy that I think might like me. We have hung out a few times but I’m so bad at reading the signs. I haven’t flirted or anything with a guy since high school, so embarrassingly, that’s all I know! How do I date like an adult? The adult way to flirt and figure out if a guy likes you?

Jwills84
    Participant
    October 22, 2017 at 1:15 am #153650

Hello,

I just got divorced from my wife that I was with for 7 years and I am quickly learning how to date like an adult. I can tell you it is difficult from both sides of the isle. I would just suggest going on multiple dates with multiple people and it will be like riding a bike. Instead of going on the popular dating websites I would suggest going to meetup website and do something like speed dating. You know what to do! Just look within yourself.

RafNY
    Participant
    October 26, 2017 at 6:28 pm #154244

Hi,

I’m in a similar situation…I feel like its so hard to meet people to even get the “practice of dating”. I don’t know how you feel but my confidence around the potential partners is almost complete gone mostly because I feel like I don’t know how to act…

hopeful234
    Participant
    October 27, 2017 at 8:39 am #154272

I tend to think of myself as shy and always waiting for someone else to make the first move, but I recently got out of a relationship and I’ve found my patience running thin, so I’ve been the one initiating. I straight up ask them if they’d like to go on a date. The worst answer they can give is no, and then you can either remain friends or continue on without wasting further energy

AzWilly
    Participant
    November 5, 2017 at 2:35 pm #155112

Hello,

If you think that guy does like you, you should try to take time together. Maybe we shouldn’t call it a date but do something together and try to see if he enjoy being with you.