If he is mad at me, then why does he still want to see me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Ellie
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 7:42 pm #95011

I feel comfortable waiting a week B4 meeting in person, besides 1/2 the time I can tell he’s not for me so normally I say I’m out of town. Met someone I really like, we had amazing phone chemistry & I couldn’t wait to meet him (very unusual for me) so my rule went out the window & after day #2 I told him the truth that I was in town & explained why. He wasn’t very amused but he wanted to meet me just as bad & we went out that night. He was everything I expected & we had a great time. The next day I felt he slammed on the brakes. I asked if he lost interest & he said NO but he felt disappointed about the lie I had fabricated the past 2 days & said “Just let it be, I’ll get over it & come around.” I was ok giving him time but the next day he texted to say hi & we met for lunch. It was great seeing him but still seems upset and reiterated he’ll get over it. Felt awkward tryin to get close to someone who was distant. Why did he ask me out again?? Do I wait for him??

justwondering0
    Participant
    March 5, 2016 at 3:48 pm #95036

That should not matter. Out of safety i say i live in a different city until I meet the guy. that has never once back fired on me. Just forget this person. He probably thought nothing was there after you met. It happens and it has happened to me. Thus is the life of online dating. Enjoy your next date with a man that does not care about that minor detail.

Ellie
    Participant
    March 7, 2016 at 8:51 am #95053

I’m glad to see I am not the only one who does that and it had never back fired on me either LOL. I get not feeling it after you meet … but I was trying to understand why then he wanted to have a 2nd date. I am forgetting about it and thanks for your kind words!

Ellie
    Participant
    March 7, 2016 at 8:51 am #95054

It’s not that he was extremely handsome or anything… just our chemistry was on point. I agree it wasn’t a big deal but when we went on date #2 he said he was still upset about it so like why bother going on a second date. I agree he is using the lie as an excuse to buy himself time and see what happens with other women. I have been thinking about it and I think I dodge a bullet … if he is trying to guilt me and manipulate so early on I think I’ll pass even if he calls back for a 3rd date. Thanks everyone!

californiagirl855
    Participant
    March 10, 2016 at 2:59 am #95347

I personally would just go with the flow and not really bring it up anymore. I mean, don’t ask him if he’s mad or anything like that. Just be yourself, be cheerful and happy (not fakely so), and leave it in the past as much as you can. You’d be surprised at what men are able to get over sometimes without ever bringing it up again. It might have bothered him for whatever reason in the beginning, but if he says he can get over it, he likely can. If you like him, just see where it will take you. But don’t jump in with both feet immediately. Try to give your heart some time to warm up, even if your personality is its usual sparkling self. Good luck. 😉