If he still likes me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

If he still likes me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

heartless
    Participant
    February 19, 2014 at 8:53 pm #48055
    If he still likes me?

I met my ex on a dating website. We have talked like a month and started to date. We have been together 3 months. One day he told me that he is drifting apart from me. He just wants to be friends with me. I kind of fought for it since i really like him. And he said ” i dont feel like having a gf and i dont want to date anyone.” he even said ” i dont like you as much as you like me.” Last week, we hung out and he still paid for my dinner and slept over. We still acted like we were a couple. Basically we acted like a couple since we met. However, when i text him it seemed that he doesnt want to talk to me. I know he texts other girls he met online(the website he met me but he deleted after meeting me). i was just wondering if he still likes me? although we kinda move on i still want him back.
    btw he never brings any friend home. I was the first one he brought home. and he said he will never bring anyone home

nev83
    Participant
    February 19, 2014 at 11:36 pm #48064

The most hurtful truth is ALWAYS better than the sweetest lie, but in this case he isn’t lying to you… He flat out told you he DOESN’T like you as much as you like him, and he DOESN’T want a gf or to date. I’m sure he likes the physical aspect of the whole thing, hence the “still acting like a couple” we guys can be like that. Your best bet is to move forward with life, get back online, and find someone who you’re compatible with. This is probably not AT ALL what you want to hear, but one day, maybe not today, but one day, it will all make sense and it’ll be water under the bridge.

Mandophon
    Mandophon
    Participant
    February 20, 2014 at 7:51 pm #48155

^
    couldn’t have put it better myself!

nolovelost
    Participant
    February 21, 2014 at 6:25 pm #48218

Agreed Guys say what they mean and mean what they say
    Save your heart and pride. You deserve better

rebekaluo
    Participant
    February 21, 2014 at 6:49 pm #48223

Interested in you
    My name is Rebeka, i saw your profile today and became interested in you, i
    will also like to know you better, i want you to send an email to me so that
    i can send you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address
    rebekaluo(AT)hotmail(DOT)com i believe we can move from here.I am waiting for
    your mail . Remember the distance or color does not matter but love matters
    a lot in life.
    Yours Love
    (rebekaluo@hotmail.com)

dontunderstand
    Participant
    February 22, 2014 at 12:41 am #48230

Agreed Guys say what they mean and mean what they say Save your heart and pride. You deserve better

I have been in a similar situation however this man early on told me he was “falling in love” with me, and left messages with the pet name he gave me, and was saying, “I love you”. Later he said he was “mistaken”…backtracked and said he “loved” me, but wasn’t “in love” w/me. He was a widower and I was his first after losing his significant other. He was my first just prior to my divorce.

So did the guy mean what he said and started feeling guilty (received ashes back from family during this time)? He always made it clear that I was not to meet any of his family?? It made me feel he was ashamed of me. He had been married twice before…once for thirty years. How could he be “mistaken” as to his feelings?

Many, many times men will tell you that they love you just to get sex. I don’t think this was the case.

Thanks guys, for any insight

Anonymous
    February 24, 2014 at 6:12 pm #48349

when a guy likes you, you wont have to wonder if he like you or not. He will make it obvious… at least the guy that you would want will make it obvious. If they are lame or losers they may not be so obvious. but you want someone to pursue you and show you he cares and he’s interested.

flamingrosexx
    Participant
    February 25, 2014 at 10:14 am #48377

I think that he still likes you, but it’s not the right time for him. Maybe just give him space and do your own thing and if eventually he will want a girlfriend and that will be you, or he wont and you’ll just have to move on.But it sounds like he likes you but he’s just not ready for a girlfriend which is what happens with a lot of guys 🙁

lmw1971
    Participant
    February 28, 2014 at 10:41 am #48576

I agree sounds as if the guy needs space

pandabear87
    Participant
    March 1, 2014 at 11:37 am #48650
    Reply To: If he still likes me?

I agree with what the other participants have mentioned.

butterfly
    butterfly
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:05 pm #48243

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”><a ? He always made it clear that I was not to meet any of his family?? It made me feel he was ashamed of me. He had been married twice before…once for thirty years. How could he be “mistaken” as to his feelings?
    Many, many times men will tell you that they love you just to get sex. I don’t think this was the case.
    Thanks guys, for any insight

I have no idea what to tell you about this guy. My guy says he loves me sometimes and other times he says he doesn’t know. Yet I have met his family and he’s sending for me to visit him in Russia to meet family and friends in person. I truly don’t understand men and I really don’t understand Russian men. Sorry I can’t be of any real help.

If he is hiding you there is a reason. Try to look at his actions AND his words. That’s all I have to offer.

To the person who stared this thread, again watch what he says AND does. I think your answer will come.