if our social scene is awkwardly connected for her, but otherwise she likes me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mystery
    Participant
    January 27, 2015 at 7:35 am #71918

Ok, so I asked one girl out that I know. She’s an actor and really gorgeous. But that’s not even the main reason I like her, she’s just really nice girl in all levels. Or so she seems.

We don’t really know each other that well. We have talked a bit but only some. But we’re in a really close social circle.

I know that she digs me too. At least it seems like it.
    But I made a mistake and I asked her out maybe a bit too soon without really trying to flirt with her and did that over the internet. She wanted to come at first but backed out then. But she went quite out of her way to tell me that she’d really really like to hang out but it’s too complicated for her.

mystery
    Participant
    January 27, 2015 at 7:36 am #71919

The problem is that we’re way too connected. I know her ex quite well. And her ex still wants her back I think I assume. Even though she doesn’t want to. He cheated on her several times etc. They are broken up half a year. And she knows my ex and we had a bad breakup half a year ago with my ex. And there’s even more probably as there was this other girl who was (even though very remotely and arbitrary) involved in both our breakups. She wasn’t at all the reason of the breakup and it’s quite far fetched but it’s just another layer to this small town crap. And we have another friends who are connected to us as well, but not that awkwardly.

mystery
    Participant
    January 27, 2015 at 8:42 am #71920

She told me honestly that she’d really like to hang out but it’s too small circle for her, and she doesn’t want speculations. And that we live in too small place for this. Our place is not that super small but our social circle, yeah is quite connected and maybe a bit too small. And that she hates sometimes our town for it, even though she likes it here otherwise. She is quite a metropolitan chick I assume as she travels a lot because of work. So, even though she likes it here and wants to call this home, she meets a lot of people in big cities all the time.

Expat
    Participant
    January 27, 2015 at 10:10 am #71935

It sounds like she overthinking. I’d say you should just honest with her. Tell her how you feel. Tell her you like to get to know her more. And tell her that all the small town crap shouldn’t bother her.

UglyErin
    Participant
    January 27, 2015 at 12:20 pm #71945

I guess things can be rather complicated when you have such a connected small group of friends. She’s afraid of what others would thing and how your going out would affect her relationship with the rest of her friends, I assume. So maybe just take it slowly and don’t rush things. And if she really likes you then she’ll start realizing that taking a risk is worth it cuz you’re being serious and she really like you and so on (that is, if you are really serious and she really becomes interested in you). But at the moment she might not know you well enough to risk her relationship with other people in your social circle.

gioanna
    Participant
    January 27, 2015 at 2:13 pm #71949

I would afree with expat..tell her how you feel if she starts saying again that is complicated then better forget about it…