If she can be bought, are we true?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

brayden_95
    Participant
    January 3, 2014 at 10:25 am #45682

I’ve been dating this girl since the very beginning of my freshman year of high school (started on 10/03/2010). I have dedicated everything to her, even though we have to travel 45 mins to see each other. We r both just recently 18 years old, and this guy at her job apparently is trying to steal her from me. Hes 35+ and has two sons and an ex wife in North Carolina, hes a manager at a Don Pablo’s and owns a really small time business. They met via Facebook after she posted about not haveing enough money. Since then, hes been paying for tons of things for her without me knowing anything about, he even bought my Christmas presents (two $5 t-shirts). And she does beauty pageants and he took care of all the sponsorship money. I am 18 and a 3 sport athlete in high school. I cant compete financially with an established adult. She says he makes her feel taken care of, and thats y they have grown close. I ran out of room Facebook me. Im Brayden Smith from Waynetown, IN.

reynolds22
    Participant
    January 13, 2014 at 2:12 am #45934

He sounds like he is trying to be a father figure to her. Maybe his relationship with his kids are bad so he looks to her like a daughter.

Vigalantejustice
    Participant
    January 13, 2014 at 2:04 pm #45948

She is probably just as confused as you are, I mean on the one hand, they aren’t doing anything, on the other she gets free stuff. I don’t think it really counts as “cheating” or anything because she probably just assumes he’s being nice. Honestly, he seems like a fairly not threatening individual, his kids are closer to her age than he is for pete’s sake

Anonymous
    January 13, 2014 at 2:24 pm #45951

It looks like he wants to be her sugar daddy.

PUAHollywood
    PUAHollywood
    Participant
    January 14, 2014 at 10:23 am #45969

Just keep being a good guy. She knows you are her real friend…

Lluvia
    Participant
    January 14, 2014 at 10:48 pm #45992

I wonder if this guy’s WIFE knows about him spending all this money on this young lady and how does she feels about it .
    As to your girlfriend, if she knows that what is going on bothers you, she should not continues to allow it….just saying.

rimiahuja
    rimiahuja
    Participant
    January 15, 2014 at 6:54 am #46003

Yes she is little bit confused actually but do not worry give time to her.

venuzduran
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:34 pm #45789

Have you asked weather she wants to be with him? If they get intimate? If she is not interested, and she is not getting intimate with him, you have nothing to worry about. I mean even if she asks him to stop, that will often times not stop the man from doing what he is doing.

Crescendo63
    Crescendo63
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:37 pm #45817

No, you aren’t.

Truth is, anybody likes to be pampered, and women have this “evolutionary” need to be taken care of (somebody more, somebody less).
    Of course, money cannot buy everything, but for some people monetary power is hard to resist.
    Looks like your GF is one of them. 🙁

I’m sorry for you, but it seems you and your GF have different needs and values.
    You better have a honest talk with her, and speak about your feelings and needs.
    If she’d rather lean on her “friend” and leave you in the cold, well… you have your answer.

First and foremost, think about what kind of person you like to date. Is her behaviour a deal-breaker for you? You need to be honest with yourself.
    She might regret her actual choices later, sure, but… would you really like to date someone who gives money such a priority?

Ashx88
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:38 pm #45831

Geez you guys are 18. If she values materialistics stuffs more than her relationship with you, then yes!
    Come on who doesnt like free stuffs 😉