Ignored after the third date!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:41 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Nickf
    Nickf
    Participant
    June 1, 2015 at 7:48 pm #79964

Hey everyone,

Im 27 and new to online dating. I’ve also just started dating again after a few years of being single. I had a third date with a girl and it seemed to go alright in my eyes. So far we’ve only kissed. We sent a few texts back and forth after the date but shes completely ignored my last two texts for 5 days now. I realize there is a good chance this means shes not interested but is this normal in online dating for someone to completely cut you off when they are not interested? or did i probably do something to upset her?

Should i send her another text?, I would really love to get some kind of closure on this instead of wondering. Sort of just feels like i’ve been tossed aside like something when you’re window shopping!

JeffS
    Participant
    June 2, 2015 at 10:29 pm #80043

The last 2 women that I went on 4 dates with did this to me. I would like closure but there is nothing you can say to make her more likely to respond but perhaps this perspective will help you: Respect is a two way street. Anyone who treats people that way and can’t even send a text that would take one minute isn’t worth my time or deserve my respect. It won’t have worked out.

Anna92
    Participant
    June 3, 2015 at 11:51 am #80067

This is pretty normal I’d say. You met online, meaning it is much easier for her to cut you off without explanation, since you have no other connection to her life. The threshold for shitty behavior is just lower on the web it seems, you’re more detached and don’t have to face the consequences of your actions. You probably didn’t do anything wrong, sometimes people just lose interest. You could try laying low for a while and see if she contacts you (maybe she just got a bit overwhelmed or stressed and wanted to tune out for a bit) but ask yourself if she’s worth it. Wouldn’t you rather date someone who was really interested in you?

marcelac
    Participant
    June 3, 2015 at 4:05 pm #80111

What was your last text to her? If it’s something like “hey what’s up”… some times girls don’t reply to those 🙁

I would send her one last text after no response for 5 days just saying something like “hey haven’t chat for a while, hope you are having a good week. Do you want to grab a drink this weekend? let me know.”

See if she replies. If she doesn’t even bother respond as a mature person, she’s not worth your time.

nerratee
    Participant
    June 4, 2015 at 10:11 am #80143

Have you tried giving her a call? I’m learning slowly but surely that not everyone is into texting. Especially when it’s a conversation that starts with like a “Hey”

Emily Backer
    Participant
    April 1, 2016 at 1:52 pm #96949

Hello, darling! Wake up and get ready, we’re late to live! More text http://sweetytextmessages.com/goodnight-texts-and-quotes-for-her.html