Ignored message, responded late then repeated contacts…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AcesDJD
    Participant
    December 29, 2016 at 12:45 am #121256

So this woman I’m interested in sent me a brief Merry Christmas message on Christmas Eve, then another one on Christmas Day (which she spent with an ex-boyfriend) bad sign I know. I gave brief responses back didn’t contact her Monday, then Tuesday I sent her a good morning message (bad idea in hindsight as we aren’t that close) we’ve hung out as friends for like a month. Eight hours later, I sent another message with something needy like “No good afternoon message back? “X” doesn’t love me anymore” with a crying emoticon. Six hours later, she responds with “Hi” and that’s it. I know she has an intense schedule on Tuesdays so its possible she didn’t read my messages until at night, still, I thought the hi was lame and I just went to bed without responding. The next day she called me on her lunch hour but I didn’t pick up because I was busy. Six hours later she texts me with “Aces if you get this, please text me”. If this was someone else’s situation, I think I’d give good advice but…

AcesDJD
    Participant
    December 29, 2016 at 12:47 am #121257

I’m too involved with the situation and can’t get perspective. Obviously I could write an essay on the signs of her interest/disinterest but what do you make of this little sequence?

AcesDJD
    Participant
    December 29, 2016 at 8:05 am #121266

I don’t think black magic will help, but thanks anyway 😉

dionusos
    Participant
    January 3, 2017 at 2:39 pm #121419

You need to stop seeming so needy in text. Only use text to set up a date, or keep it short and humorous.

“Six hours later, she responds with “Hi” and that’s it. ”

I suspect she’s just not that into you man.

AcesDJD
    Participant
    January 9, 2017 at 12:52 pm #122271

This weekend she was talking about taking a trip to Italy with me and also meeting her family during the Spring for their annual barbecue with no mention of her boyfriend. Well today she stopped by the office and I asked her about the Italy thing-was it serious. She says well the thing is I’m seeing someone right now. A little after I expressed to her that I liked her, liked really like her.” She looks me straight in her eyes and “I like you too.” Not long after the subject got changed. Unfortunately english is not her first language so I’m not 100% sure she was playing dumb.

I know I’m 99% gonna get kicked in the teeth again, but I want to tell her (try the phone this time) that I like her as more than a friend and in fact of all the women I’ve know there’s only be one another (my first love) when I felt so much electricity. I expect that she’ll thank me and then say she doesn’t quite feel the same.

Question is we’ll she not want to hang out with me now that I’ve completely let the

AcesDJD
    Participant
    January 9, 2017 at 12:54 pm #122273

She’s not a leach, she’s done quite a few things for me- giving me a Christmas present, she’s a licensed personal trainer and she helps me out for free, bought dinner etc. When I mentioned I might be leaving her country in a year or two her face fell and she looked really sad. Suggestions?

multisamsami
    Participant
    January 10, 2017 at 4:12 pm #122493

From my point on view she likes you, but she’s seeing someone, so she’s not going to make a move. But she still talks to you so she has someone in case her relationship ends. It’s not a good idea to wait on her in my opinion, you could wait forever and let good opportunities pass