Ignored my messages for 2 days then responds

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

adyup1230
    Participant
    January 21, 2014 at 2:40 pm #46279

Wasn’t sure if I should have labeled this online dating. I am in my late thirties & the man I have been talking to in his early 40’s so I don’t have time for these games. This man I have been talking to actually grew up in my hometown & I knew of him. I am divorced & still live in the same town. He moved several states away out highschool, went to college & became quite successful. We have been fb friends for a LONG time. He randomly messaged me this past November & we chatted small talk for a few days but then I blew him off thinking…this guy lives a thousand miles away. He has a VERY high profile job & won’t move. No point. Then he private messages me on fb 3 weeks ago again. I gave in & since then we have talked every single day through fb messaging & phone calls. We have shared very intimate details,secrets…everything. He had planned to come see me in few months & had decided we would just see where the relationship went. I talked to him Friday night till 1:45am…very common

adyup1230
    Participant
    January 21, 2014 at 2:45 pm #46280

For us & he was so excited about the 3 day weekend coming up. Saturday we messaged once. I messaged him Saturday night & that was the last I heard from him till this morning. When I didn’t hear back Saturday I messaged Sunday late afternoon simply saying I hoped he was enjoying his 3 day weekend. No response. No response again yesterday then this morning I receive a message saying “have a good day”. Now keep in mind i saw that he read my messages on Monday & he was periodically on fb over the weekend. I have no expectations but when you’ve gone everyday for weeks sharing everything, getting to know each other, planning for get togethers the this?
    Bottom line…should I even respond to his message?

NikNik24
    Participant
    January 22, 2014 at 9:42 am #46336

@adyup1230-
    Meeting people online is becoming a more common thing these days, but one I think we need to use way more caution with. At least you knew this guy and have kept in somewhat of a social contact with him. He sounds like he is interested in talking and getting to know you better, sometimes with online, texting, calls it can take longer to get to know someone. You said he was really excited about the 3 day weekend coming up, and he prolly was. He sounds like he has a busy work life. Maybe he went with buddies, or fAmily, he didn’t want to be rude by talking with you a lot, but that’s not to say he couldn’t have sent a msg to say hi! You have contacted him a few times after the weekend, he responded within a couple days, I wouldn’t give up on that, but I wouldn’t contact him again if he doesn’t bother to get back with you. Sometimes, men & woman, can start out a bit fast & really like someone and can freak them out a bit. I would definitely not give up all hope on him!!

Julie Spira
    Julie Spira
    Participant
    January 23, 2014 at 12:45 am #46380

Online dating and digital dating (including flirting on Facebook and Twitter) comes with a lot of emotion. It’s easy to get attached to someone from behind the keyboard. Keep in mind a few things.

1. It was a weekend and people’s habits are different than on the weekdays.

2. Men love the chase, so it’s up to him to initiate so early on.

3. Sometimes online relationships are built on a fantasy and not reality.

Basically, the pace accelerates when you’re texting and sending Facebook messages to someone. Sometimes they are lonely or have more time on their hands. Relationships that start online and build up to a hot-and-heavy dialog often crash and burn. I’d avoid contacting him and let him take the lead. And, please don’t discuss intimate details. Anything you type can be shared and that’s not something you’d like to see spread on the Internet if your relationship goes south.

Wishing you all the best,

Julie Spira
    Online Dating Expert http://CyberDatingExpert.com

nasos
    nasos
    Participant
    January 25, 2014 at 3:35 am #46540

It’s just games. Honest man wouldn’t do that.

move on.