Ignoring? Am I over thinking?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

7alvi
    Participant
    September 1, 2013 at 4:19 am #38081

Hi, So I’ll start by giving some background information. I’m more of that kind of a person who doesn’t talk much but not an introvert. I have a small group of friends but not because I’m shy or anything just because I don’t sync with everyone. While she is very outgoing, has a lot of friends and is fun to be with. She has her morals at right place. In general we have different opinions and that’s because we have a very different upbringing.
    We are in a long distance relationship. And I’ve been with her for like 3 years now.
    So, the problem is I think she kind of ignores me. This has been bothering me for quite some time now. I’m usually the one who expresses more. She doesn’t express much but she doesn’t mean ill.
    Its like for example, I’m the one who usually texts her or call her. I frankly don’t like texting much. I prefer talking over calls. But she feels more comfortable with texting. But I’ve learned to cope with it. It’s not a big deal.
    Day before yesterday I indicated to her that I’m angry for some silly reason. I didn’t mean it I just wanted to play with her. Then she didn’t reply whole day. That made me feel bad. It’s because this happens too much. Her not replying me whole day. I talked to her about this she said she had been preparing for a singing competition then she started crying and said that I don’t understand her and told me not to talk to her. I guessed she needed space so I didn’t call her but then she didn’t call the whole day. At last I called her today morning.This happens way too often except the crying part. I thought that it might be because she was loosing interest in me but sometimes she makes me feel really special. She admits that she doesn’t express much but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t love me.
    I really am confused with all this. I feel really bothered with this and I’m not sure does she even think about it.

lovely_linds82
    lovely_linds82
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:31 pm #39319

Best bet is to just be open and honest next time you see each other or during the next phone call. The only way to know what a girl is thinking is to ask her. Listen to what she has to say and be open and kind with your own feelings.

Mandi
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:35 pm #39329

Communication is key in every relationship. You should be honest with her about how her actions are affecting you. People get busy but usually make time for those in their lives who are important to them. Find out where you really stand.

foreversingle
    foreversingle
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:48 pm #39345

If it’s bothering you and you’ve known her for 3 years already, I’d just be straight with her and ask her what’s up. Especially considering you’re in a long distance relationship, communication is so important. I find it funny that you claim to be angry at her when you’re really not – just “to play with her.” That’s just bad practice especially when you can’t tell very easily whether or not someone is joking, over digital communication. If she’s really into you, she’ll be open to work it out.