I'm 25 and dating a 19 year old. Is this wrong?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    January 1, 2018 at 9:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

XxJayvardxX
    Participant
    January 3, 2018 at 11:05 pm #161468

So I’m a 25-year old guy who just graduated University six months ago, and I am going to turn 26 in three months. About three months ago, a girl (18 at the time, right out of high school) asked me for my number, and her and I started hanging out/dating. She just turned 19 last month, and her and I get along/spend a lot of time together. We have a 6-year gap.

She is in her first year of college, and I am going to start my first year of Medical School in six months. That makes me feel like we are sort of in the same stage in life.

I tend to hang out with a lot of 21-22 year olds, because I suppressed my social life in college and focused solely on my studies in order to get into Medical School, and pretty much prevented myself from enjoying myself. Because of this, I am able to understand her problems, how she is with her friends, and get to her level in terms of having fun and enjoying life. This is mainly because I am still mentally 21-22, and luckily still pass as a 21 yo.

January 4, 2018 at 5:11 pm #161619

Nope, it’s fine. Have at it. If anybody gets all judge-y about it, that’s their problem, not yours.

Djsouthboi79
    Djsouthboi79
    Participant
    January 5, 2018 at 8:54 am #161654

I don’t see any wrong wit the age gap. As long as you’re not stepping on someone else’s then whatever others are saying, it’s not your problem anymore. Both family knows about your relationship? Are you open to both sides of the family?

gkar18
    Participant
    January 6, 2018 at 8:17 pm #161766

That’s fine man, as long as she knows you’re age and she is okay with it. I’m the same as you and there is a 21 yr old who seems interested in me too.

XxJayvardxX
    Participant
    January 7, 2018 at 9:16 pm #161785

The families don’t know because we have been dating for three months, and I don’t want to move too fast.

XxJayvardxX
    Participant
    January 7, 2018 at 9:18 pm #161786

We’re okay with each other in terms of age. I asked her if it bothered her, and she said it didn’t. She actually thought it would bother ME, but it really doesn’t. I enjoy her energy, and it complements my introversion.

DanTastic
    Participant
    January 8, 2018 at 4:10 am #161791

Nah there is nothing wrong with this. I myself plan on posting a thread for advice and I’m 26 and she is almost 19. So age gap is slightly bigger but if people have problems then people have problems.

kaitlynlily6
    Participant
    January 8, 2018 at 7:07 am #161795

I don’t see anything wrong about that. It’s usually normal for dating couples wherein the woman is younger and age won’t matter as long you two understand each other.

XxJayvardxX
    Participant
    January 8, 2018 at 5:15 pm #161912

Is there any advice that you guys can give me in terms dating someone that young and with this kind of age gap? I know she hasn’t experienced certain things, so when she tells me some dumb things going on with her friends, I don’t judge her or try to tell her what to do. I merely listen to her, and offer advice if she asks. Is this good? I try not to be condescending or anything like that.

brooklynrose
    Participant
    January 9, 2018 at 7:23 am #161933
    Reply To: I'm 25 and dating a 19 year old. Is this wrong?

If your both happy its up to you

phoenix777
    Participant
    January 10, 2018 at 9:37 am #162064

The age gap is bit high in my opinion. But if everyone here is saying it is okay, and her family is fine with it, then you’re good.

DoodleBob
    DoodleBob
    Participant
    January 10, 2018 at 12:56 pm #162106

If it’s working for you two, it’s ok.

ananthiM
    Participant
    January 12, 2018 at 12:25 am #162289

I’m 25 and dating a 19 year old there is nothing wrong. Relationship love has no age difference there nothing related to age, weight, body, colour etc. If you both are comfortable with each other and Love each other. All this should not matter you. Ignore people saying this age gap difference Ignore them.

TomJones
    Participant
    January 12, 2018 at 6:54 am #162291

nothing is wrong with you dating a 25yr old son lol

hedron
    Participant
    January 12, 2018 at 7:17 am #162293

6 years is nothing. When you’re in high school and even college it seems a lot, but once you’re over 30 you don’t even count age anymore.