I'm beyond baffled & insulted

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:20 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

we1234
    Participant
    November 21, 2017 at 4:16 pm #157117

I’ve been on an online dating site for a week and was seriously texting with a guy for about 3 days now. There was a great feeling, we seem to have so much in common and he is a lawyer and I am a business owner. I liked the fact he initiated a lot of the text messages. On Saturday, he asked me to meet yesterday, Monday evening. About 2 hours before, he sent a text to say he had an urgent matter at work and wanted to reschedule for tonight. He then sent a text late last night to say he just got home and we arranged to reschedule to meet today at 6:30.
    He sent me a text at 2:00 this aft asking if I could meet him at 5:30 and not 6:30 instead as he was excited to meet me.
    I was in the midst of getting ready when he sent a text at 3:00 asking me why I joined the site. I was about to answer & his next line was I’m going to cancel and not reschedule, best of luck.
    I sent him a few texts asking for an explanation, I’m shocked beyond. He won’t answer. Advice please. Wth happened? it’s

we1234
    Participant
    November 22, 2017 at 9:08 am #157136

I would truly welcome any possible answers to this. I’m not naïve or stupid, but who does this? Guys any input here?
    I’m new to the online dating but when you’ve texted back and forth for days. I’m having a hard time with this in terms of NO it won’t ruin my life, but is this something that happens on online sites? I find it incredibly strange how someone 2 hours before your planned meeting time a

3 days of fairly intense texting (not sexual at all).

bittybuff
    Participant
    November 22, 2017 at 2:28 pm #157240

Hi I really feel for you that this has happened. To be honest I think he’s interested in someone else, I’m guessing that he’s probably messaging a few people or maybe he’s even in a relationship – despite being on an online dating app.

I’m sorry to say that you won’t find any answers from him.

Think of it this way, he would clearly be a terrible date for a start, messing you about before you have even met. First impressions count and if a guy can’t even get to a first date then he’s clearly not the person you want to be with.

He’s missed an opportunity here and been a total dick about it. His loss and your gain because you don’t want to date someone that would treat you with such little respect!

I recently put on my online dating profile -‘if you aren’t up for meeting in real life, swipe left!’ and it’s worked wonders!

Good luck lovely

LoneWolf
    LoneWolf
    Participant
    November 22, 2017 at 4:14 pm #157255

This is the farthest I’ve gotten with online dating: Intense texting for a couple weeks, sparks clearly flying, and suddenly I get blocked. All you can really do is move on; if they just abandon you like that you sure as hell wouldn’t want to date them.

we1234
    Participant
    November 23, 2017 at 1:18 am #157271

First off thank you immensely for your response. I’m in total agreement & Im disappointed in myself as an independent & successful woman that I fell for what seems to have been a total waste of time. Thank you for reaching out & in all honesty I appreciate & agree with your comment and reply. Thank you. In closing even for those of us who are believing & sincere it seems the reality of online dating includes the games. I thank you so much for taking the time to post your comment, lovely one. Not gonna lie I was so taken back from this. I didn’t mention but HD asked me tic I would join him at a Niagara Conference tonight & I declined as I’m moving tomorrow.

we1234
    Participant
    November 23, 2017 at 1:21 am #157272

Thank you so much LoneWolf. Seriously disappointing & hurtful. I guess I must prepare for this game. Isn’t it weird? Life is short, just be real people. Thanks lovely & all the best. You are deserving.

we1234
    Participant
    November 23, 2017 at 1:26 am #157273

Hi BittyBuff I’m disappointed in myself & seriously texting for 3 Days and putting my contour on to meet Mr lawyer he’s decided to cancel & not reschedule as Im about to leave in an hour, wth? I guess this is what to expect on the sites. Again I can’t tell you his much I appreciate your response.

Merlin
    Merlin
    Participant
    November 23, 2017 at 4:34 pm #157294

I’m so sorry to have to break it to you dear but some guys are just duds. This guy probably isn’t even a “Lawyer” he just says that to impress the ladies. Don’t let them run you around like that hun. Accept a cancellation with grace but 2 cancellations are a diss.

fireys
    fireys
    Participant
    December 2, 2017 at 4:51 pm #158355
    Reply To: I'm beyond baffled & insulted

This has not happened to me, because I try to not use hookup apps like Tinder, but use CMB. You shouldn’t let this stop you.
    That guy was an anomaly.

sparkle69
    Participant
    December 3, 2017 at 7:05 pm #158375

I agree with the other posters, I think you shouldn’t continue initiating contact with him. If he wanted to he would have.

trinketz
    trinketz
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 2:17 am #158391

Ugh I feel for you. I’m with the other poster that this guy was probably texting other girls at the same time. I’m so sorry this happened to you – but in a way you’re lucky you found out he was a douche before you went out with him. I know that’s no comfort at the moment, but all I can say is hang in there. I say try to move on and forget about him. He isn’t worth your energy, so don’t spend it worrying about why he cancelled the date.

penpal99
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 5:09 am #158398

There was nothing wrong with you, he was obviously messaging with other girls, and one of them whom he probably found a connection with and was messaging with for a while, must have turned into something exclusive, thats why he just completely ghosted.

clio87
    Participant
    December 10, 2017 at 1:50 pm #159605

Hi, I’m new here but just wanted to say I know how you feel as I’ve been asked out before, promised a great date and then he just disappeared! Not sure what the point is or why people think it’s okay to treat someone like that ??

Clueless83
    Participant
    December 14, 2017 at 6:15 pm #160143

People are inconsiderate jerks by and large. It likely didn’t even have much to do with you. I can’t tell you how many ways I’ve been jerked around with online communication of all kinds.