Im confused if I should stay with this guy or cut him off

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

flamingrosexx
    Participant
    February 25, 2014 at 10:23 am #48379

Me and my boyrfriend ( well ex since last night) have been dating exclusively for about three months. When we first started dating it was amazing we were instantly connected we both knew we wanted a future together right away. I knew this was the guy I wanted to marry. But now we have gotten to a few arguments where he acts extremely mean and reckless. He’s going through a lot right now, and I knew it wasn’t going to be a healthy environment for a relationship. He has said very mean things to me, using my secrets that I have told him against me when he’s mad. It’s unhealthy and it hurts. He says he does that because I hurt him because when we first started dating I lied to him about something and he hates when people lie to him.

I’m even more confused because I still think he is the one for me. But I don’t want to be with him right now. I’m trying to figure out a way where I can still stay in contact w/ him and start over later?

MoochieChicken
    MoochieChicken
    Participant
    March 12, 2014 at 3:14 pm #49157

Hmm. I’m sorry he treats you like that. Sometimes the colors come out the more you get into a relationship.
    I’m a little different on the dating spectrum, because I’m a different kind of person, and I would leave him alone for a little while. Some will say “be by his side” but I know when I’m going through tough times I either want to be left alone or I want an escape.. Yes an escape! Maybe you two could try to do something fun together? Get rid of some stress?
    For me and my boyfriend it’s off-roading into the desert with other friends, bonfires, music, dancing, shooting, going out to eat, stuff like that 😛
    If you decide to have a little getaway day, I would talk to him during some course of the day about issues and try to resolve them. You both need to have a mutual understanding, if my guy was spewing nasties at me whenever he got mad and did to get back at me I would definitely have a talk with him. From my end, and knowing my guy, it’s a childish move.
    Good luck.

laynerains
    laynerains
    Participant
    March 13, 2014 at 10:51 pm #49242

Sounds like the three months you have been together have been very rough. I would talk with him and explain that your situation isn’t healthy for you. It’s difficult to be in a relationship that takes a toll on your mental and emotional health.

Personally, I think that you should invest your time in a better place. Imagine being with this man for the rest of your life? Do you want 50 years plus of marriage with someone that throws old problems up in your face?

pbx39
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:12 pm #49048

Run girl, run!!!! Mean people are just what they are…mean people. You can’t change it.