I'm falling for my best friend. Help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mimi94
    Participant
    December 13, 2013 at 5:28 am #44507

I’ve known my friend for 2 years. We’re extremely close. Tbh, idk what I’d do without him in my life. He’s been there for me through absolutely everything. Recently, he told me that he was tired of seeing me jump from guy to guy (I had just started a relationship) & that it hurt to see me disappointed. He said that if I wanted an honest man he was there & that if the timing was right he would date me. I was surprised since I’d had these feelings before & he turned me down. He’s also not much of a serious relationship type of guy. We had a no strings attached fling once! I broke up with the other guy soon after (for other reasons). My friend & were hanging out one night after that & he kissed me. He was flirtatious through the day & also tried to pay for the drinks we’d had like it was a date. He promised we would hang out again but I never heard from him. I emailed him a few days later but it felt awkward & I think hes avoiding me. Idk what to do. I like him too. As more than a friend.

Anonymous
    December 15, 2013 at 4:31 am #44567

It kind of sounds like he’s developed feelings for you. But take my advice: when it’s good. Take things slow.
    Let him know how you feel/ what you want and ask what his feelings are/ what he wants. Be very honest. It also sounds like you don’t want to be hurt or let down again. You gotta let him know that as well.

Mimi94
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:25 pm #44510

I apologize for the bad grammar and poor writing. I couldn’t fit the whole story in properly when they limit your characters! 😛 lol Feel free to ask questions if you’re confused. I REALLY need the help. This man has been there for me through everything. He’s my best friend, my partner in crime, and someone I honestly couldn’t do without. And I’m having romantic feelings for him. 🙁 I’m not sure how he feels or what to do based on what has happened but I think he feels it too. Please help, however you can. Thank you. 🙂