Im falling for my boyfriend's best friend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:48 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jking21
    Participant
    April 7, 2013 at 10:15 pm #27875

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 2 years now. In the first year and a half of our relationship, his bestfriend, Dylan, was my best guy friend. He gave me advice and was one of the most fascinating people I knew. I always felt very close with him, so naturally, when my boyfriend dumped me and ran around with other girls, I ran to Dylan for help. He then saw me at my very worst. I was sobbing uncontrollably in his arms. It felt so right, so beautiful. I could talk to him about anything, and he would genuinely listen and give me advice. When he held me, I realized I had never felt so protected in my life. He told me that I was beautiful, and that my ex was a fool for leaving me. He told me all this with our faces very close, noses touching. Then asked if it was wrong that he wanted to kiss me. I said yes, its wrong, but after a week of similiar encounters, we became an item. He took me on beautiful dates, spontaneously slow danced with me in parking lots, and told me that he was beginning to fall for me. I was afraid of getting into another committed relationship and of getting hurt. So, like a fool, i shut it all down. And even more foolish, went back to my ex boyfriend of two years. I came clean about being with his friend and told him about my feelings for Dylan, but that I loved him, not his best friend. Then, something amazing happened. over the last six months, my boyfriend has became a passionate, devoted person. He loves me with all his heart, and I return the feeling. He makes me feel loved and cared for. He hasnt given me a single reason to doubt his new found devotion and I almost completely forgot about my fling with his ex bestfriend. But recently, Dylan has been creeping into the back of my mind. When I am intimate with my boyfriend, I find myself pretending it is Dylan. And I find myself missing him at the most inconvieniant times. What should I do. All and any advice is much appreciated

AriannaJones
    AriannaJones
    Participant
    April 11, 2013 at 5:22 pm #28450

Sounds like you like the comfort and the compassion Dylan could offer. It’s nice to know you had someone so great in case something bad happened but I’m rooting for the current boyfriend. I just think the feelings you have for Dylan are pure curiosity and just fairytales when you have someone great who is willing to give you the world.

Dylan is like the teddy bear you held onto as a girl when you were afraid of the monsters under your bed. Your bf is the guy who has your heart ready to pull you down from the clouds.