I'm falling for my ex's best friend. What do i do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

toh420
    Participant
    April 9, 2015 at 10:42 am #76946

My ex girlfriend and I had a long and rough breakup that lasted half as long as our relationship. At first we broke up, got back together, then she dumped me again after a few days claiming she needs to focus on herself. she then went and fucked one of my friends after which i told him several times not to fuck her but he did anyway, and she rubbed it in my face. After a while, we oddly became friends again, while she had also gotten a new boyfriend. I still had feelings for her and she was my friend, but i couldnt tell her. so who do i tell? her best friend. We began talking regularly and it became obvious there was chemistry. After a falling out with my ex as a friend, we confronted each other about how we felt and agreed we were extrememly compatable, almost meant for one another. but after much flirting and heartful talks, we had to stop because she felt guilty. now even months later, we talk again and its still very obvious, even more so now, that we want each other. What do i do?

DKing3
    Participant
    April 9, 2015 at 3:09 pm #76975

Hmmm I say go for it buddy! What could it hurt ya know? Your ex should not have any say in who you choose to be in a relationship with, even if you guys are on decent terms now.

Dontbeniceanymore
    Dontbeniceanymore
    Participant
    April 9, 2015 at 9:15 pm #76977

Your ex has nothing to say regarding whom you are dating,
    she is water under the bridge, she is ancient history, just a footnote in your life’s book,
    and if both of you have chemistry and communicate well with each other, then

What are you waiting????

Go for her, because it is obvious that you are not going to date her just to get your ex back, life is too short embrace it

toh420
    Participant
    April 9, 2015 at 10:49 pm #76978

Thank you guys for the support. My problem is that i want to go for her, but she doesnt want to hurt her best friend even though she really likes me like we’re both pretty young so when she says she’s never met someone so easy for her to talk to and fun to be around and just overall likes her for who she is, i believe her. Because i do, i think i chose the wrong girl to begin with and now i want the right one but she cant do so without hurting her best friend who is psychotic as we both agreed upon and would never let her live it down.

bammer
    Participant
    April 10, 2015 at 5:34 pm #77062

buy a coin that has 2 same sides and tell her to let chance decide. tell her to pretend she’s your ex – would she really mind it so much? tell her that your ex is standing in your way, not the other way around. you can also go talk to your ex together.