I'm freaking out about the first date tonight. Need some advice from experience

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:36 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Oklahomer52
    Participant
    February 18, 2017 at 2:50 pm #127536

1. I have liked this girl for a while now. She is an acquaintense and I have hung around her a few times in group settings and lots of fb messenging.
    2. She initially shot me down when I told her I liked her. She said it was not a good time, and that her ex still texts her (she’s been single 6 months).
    3. She then CALLED ME and asked ME to go out. She said “if you want to go out sometime let me know and we’ll see where it goes.” She further stated “you only know me by what you know from Facebook messenging. You might think I am crazy! Plus I just told my friend I was not going to date another guy for a while.”
    In any case, she was in the midst of asking ME OUT. We have a date TONIGHT. I’m excited/nervous. If things start to go well, what do I do if she brings up the “I’m not ready to date story,etc”. I mean, she asked ME out. The fact that she asked me to go out, do you think that means she is open to actually taking things further?

generalpeter
    generalpeter
    Participant
    February 19, 2017 at 2:11 pm #127552

1. I have liked this girl for a while now. She is an acquaintense and I have hung around her a few times in group settings and lots of fb messenging.
    2. She initially shot me down when I told her I liked her. She said it was not a good time, and that her ex still texts her (she’s been single 6 months).
    3. She then CALLED ME and asked ME to go out. She said “if you want to go out sometime let me know and we’ll see where it goes.” She further stated “you only know me by what you know from Facebook messenging. You might think I am crazy! Plus I just told my friend I was not going to date another guy for a while.”
    In any case, she was in the midst of asking ME OUT. We have a date TONIGHT. I’m excited/nervous. If things start to go well, what do I do if she brings up the “I’m not ready to date story,etc”. I mean, she asked ME out. The fact that she asked me to go out, do you think that means she is open to actually taking things further?

generalpeter
    generalpeter
    Participant
    February 19, 2017 at 2:15 pm #127553

you never know..one way to find out is to go on that date bro..she asked you out for Christ sake, don’t make me come down there..lol