I'm in a very confusing and precarious situation..Please,help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:36 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

starryeyedprincess
    starryeyedprincess
    Participant
    December 10, 2016 at 11:42 pm #119700

I’ve been best friends with this person for 7 years now.We both want a relationship with each other,but I have severe reservations and some pretty bad commitment issues.We’ll be living together soon but for right now we’re on two opposite ends of the U.S.I feel closer and closer to them everyday and I love them more than anyone!However,I’ve been hurt a lot in the past in other relationships including family,friends and dating.(I’ve been through a lot with them at my side.)I’m afraid that once I start dating them I’ll be with them for the rest of my life and not get to experience dating other people.I also am afraid of being too inexperienced for them.Should I take the plunge and start dating them now or wait until we live together or even later than that?They have expressed that they won’t be moving on to anyone else and I believe them.I just don’t know what time would be the right time to start our relationship.

gstar
    Participant
    December 11, 2016 at 5:01 pm #119714

If you guys are best friends then maybe you should move in together without the pressure of a relationship and just see how things progress naturally

Pealee Lew
    Participant
    December 16, 2016 at 11:29 am #120379

Listen, don’t get into no relationship that is already starting off with questions. You can live with your best friend but you should talk to your bestie about simply staying friends for now just to figure yourself out. You gotta do what feels right for YOU.

blueonblue
    blueonblue
    Participant
    December 16, 2016 at 1:06 pm #120435

I believe that because you two are very close friends that you should be able to trust one another and start a relationship. And use what experience you have had in the past and apply it to what you can if you decide to start a relationship with him. Because you have decided that you will be living together, you should automatically decide that a relationship could be a next step. If he is unsure at the moment, when you start living with one another, ask him out for dinner or do something fun together that you both enjoy. Then you can see how he feels about you and relationship going.

callie22
    Participant
    December 16, 2016 at 2:40 pm #120446

I agree with the above replies… if you are really close friends, you should be able to talk to each other about your feelings and he should respect your reservations.
    I’m the same with you when it comes to commitment, and it’s been a struggle in my life. I’ve found that the best thing to do is just speak openly. If you’ll be living together, don’t place too many expectations to begin with. Take it slow, enjoy his company. If the connection and openness is there, it will feel right and it will happen.