I'm in a weird texting dilemma.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

WTG
    Participant
    November 20, 2017 at 8:16 pm #157020

So I met a girl in one of my college classes. We don’t talk a lot in class, but I asked her out and got a first date. I really came to like her after this first date although can’t say sparks were flying, but it went well and figured I could get a second date and see where things go. It’s a Thanksgiving break and figured she would be less busy. I was texting her last Friday, but I tried to continue the conversation Saturday, two hours after sending the text I got “Message to (Her Phone Number) failed: Denied”. I didn’t think much of it and texted her again later that day and instantly got that message. I messaged her again that night and it appeared to send, but two days later on Monday I got the same message fail. I’m not sure if she blocked me, or her phone is having issues(looks like a crummy prepaid phone). If it was simple silence I’d just assume disinterest and move on, but I’m not sure what to make of this. Should I call, wait till we meet again next week, assume disinterest?

LoneWolf
    LoneWolf
    Participant
    November 20, 2017 at 8:47 pm #157021

Ah technology. Brings us closer together while also tearing us farther apart. I’ve never had someone block my number before so I don’t know whether that’s what’s happening here. If texting won’t work, I doubt calling will.

Two things I’ve tried when my texts fail to send:
    1) Test sending other texts to rule out your phone as the problem.
    2) Restart your phone. Sometimes my phone’s connection screws up, but after powering off and on it works again.

If you have class with her, just wait until then to talk with her, should all else fail. I mean, it’s not like she can block you if you talk to her in person.

WTG
    Participant
    November 20, 2017 at 9:02 pm #157022

Thanks for the advice. I can text other people just fine. It’s only her and the fact that it takes so long for me to get a message telling me that the text didn’t send is kind of weird. It took two days from my last text before I got that message. The uncertainty of the situation is making me anxious even though I shouldn’t be. I was thinking of just waiting till next week, but I was hoping to plan something this week because of the break and she and I are both pretty busy and finals are after the break so I don’t think I’ll be able to get her for a second date for a few weeks, or even till next year when we’re no longer in the same class, and probably school. I don’t want her thinking I’m not interested, but I also don’t want to come off as desperate, or needy by calling her when we’re not really on calling terms yet.

LoneWolf
    LoneWolf
    Participant
    November 20, 2017 at 10:16 pm #157028

An understandable dilemma. Would you happen to have her added on any social media? If not, I’d say you’ve done all you can do for now.

WTG
    Participant
    November 21, 2017 at 5:13 pm #157101

Unfortunately one thing we have in common is a lack of social media presence. If I go in with the assumption her phone was down I was thinking of sending one last text tomorrow to see if that was the case since all the messages I sent that failed were all on Saturday and I haven’t sent any since. She also mentioned how she likes to camp so I was thinking of sending a joke about her getting eaten by a bear for the messaging problems. What are peoples thoughts? Should I give texting this week one last shot, or just stay silent till I see her Tuesday. Should I lay off on the joke, or go with it.

Lalisa
    Lalisa
    Participant
    November 21, 2017 at 7:04 pm #157141

Hey!!!! I’m a girl and will give you my view point. I think she blocked you, I’m 90% sure she did it. However, let’s say that she has a “technological issue” with her phone; if she was really interested in you, she’ll find a way to let you know what’s going on. Since, both lack of social media, she will try to find a way to both communicate while she gets her phone fixed or gets a new one. Because, that’s what I’ll do if was in a situation like that. Although, is possible that she likes you, but she’s not that interested to let you know what’s going on, and she will just type you back again when she get a way to communicate or maybe she won’t. This is based on my personal experience and its just my opinion. The best you can do is wait until you see her next week in class and ask her what’s going on. If she gives you an unclear answer, it means she blocked you and doesn’t want further communication. Again this is only an opinion from a humble girl. Wish you the best!!

NorwegianboyEE
    Participant
    November 22, 2017 at 3:56 am #157156

Yeah you’re blocked. Is it your first time? Welcome to the wonderful world of dating. Get used to it.

WTG
    Participant
    November 22, 2017 at 12:53 pm #157224

Well I sent one last text just to see if I would still get that failed to send message and unlike the previous text it gave a Delivered status instead of just Sent and I did hear back from her. Turns out her phone really was having issues and she never got my texts messages.

deeski
    Participant
    November 22, 2017 at 1:04 pm #157227

good for you…^

jeffb883
    Participant
    November 22, 2017 at 10:01 pm #157266
    Reply To: I'm in a weird texting dilemma.

Wow weird. For future reference, blocking someone usually won’t let the other person know that you blocked them