I'm in Love with My Best Friend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:41 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fischer
    Participant
    October 18, 2015 at 10:15 pm #87032

I have had at least twenty of our mutual friends and coworkers ask us if we are dating. We always reply that we are best friends. Recently I have felt more that we should be romantically involved. He talks about getting back out there and almost everything he wants is what I have to offer. Unfortunately, I may be in the wrong package. I’m not a skinny blonde who is traditional. I am a brunette with piercings and sass. We spent a ridiculous amount of time together and always check in everyday. The other day he was having issues with other friends and mentioned that he would be okay if I was the only person he had. He talks about us going to grad school together. He always says we are just friends when we talk about other’s speculations. I’m afraid I’ll die if he doesn’t feel the same way. I asked him if he would want to know if one of his friends liked him and he said yes, but it would also be fun to find out on his own. He said if he liked his friend, he would tell her. What do I do?

fischer
    Participant
    October 18, 2015 at 10:26 pm #87033

Another thing! He also has never been physical with me. He always hugs other girls, other friends of ours, girls he doesn’t know. He has never once hugged me, but considers me his best friend. Is that weird? He invites me to everything, every night we do homework. There isn’t a day in the last three weeks that we haven’t seen each other. Sometimes I feel like I am already the girlfriend minus anything physical. How do I tell him I want more? Do I even risk it? How do I know if he likes me too?

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 19, 2015 at 6:42 pm #87088

What the hell he’s never hugged you!?!?! How you tell him you want more is by simply telling him just that, best friends make for a great relationship it’s just scary because you are unsure if the other one likes you back and if he were truly your best friend, that awkwardness of rejection wouldn’t mess up the friendship at all. He will bare in mind your feelings for him though and will probably think of you a lot more often than he does now if he doesn’t like you— if he does like you back, shoot maybe he is feeling the exact same way you are! I’d give it a shot 🙂

pops09
    Participant
    November 2, 2015 at 3:16 pm #87779

I have been in this situation and never told the guy till much later on and he asked why i never told him sooner, we both tried but unfortunatley did not work out but still remained friends. My advice would be to tell him you don’t know how he is feeling untill you actually tell him yours!

Dan007
    Participant
    November 4, 2015 at 8:06 am #87863

Has he given you any kind of hints? Any flirting, any teasing? How is he when he is around other girls?
    My first true love was with my best friend. I started to get feelings for her, I told her. She got kind of scared I think, and said she did not want to destroy our friendship. I told her that I understood, and I just needed a little while apart from our friendship to get over it.
    After 3-4 weeks she came to me, said that I made her think and that she really wanted to give it a go.
    So dont be scared, just go ahead and tell him.