I'm jealous of my GF's ex and their relationship

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SandraDee
    SandraDee
    Participant
    January 4, 2013 at 12:14 pm #19986

I’ve been with my GF for 2 years and I’ve been struggling to understand why she is still in such close contact with her ex. They claim to be friends but they still go to lunch together and meet with their mutual friends WITHOUT me. I’ve mentioned to my GF that I don’t like it and I wish to be included. I’ve never said she should stop being friends with her but she’s not being fair to at least letting me join in with them…I don’t think she’s having an affair with her but these random times she decides to hang out with her ex, she simply says that I won’t get along with her (I have met her ex a few times, it’s the typical uneasy tension, nothing bizarre).

So I wanted to ask, am I over thinking this? Am I seriously jealous or should I just let this go, I don’t want to lose my GF to her ex, I’m just a bit worried!

mixerz77
    mixerz77
    Participant
    January 8, 2013 at 9:48 am #20185

I think what you’re asking is totally fair game. I find it a little bizarre your current gf is so high strung about you seeing her ex. (unless there was some altercation you’re not mentioning) then I see no reason why she’s running off, hiding away from you.
    If it’s been getting to a serious point that she’s not even open to discussion you need to let her know things HAVE to change in order for you to work out…I wouldn’t really let this kind of stuff slide…

genesis58
    Participant
    January 11, 2013 at 2:58 pm #20459

I think you could let it go, but if it’s bothering you so much, tell her “it’s bothering me this much” and see if she’s willing to meet you half way..

kellyanne
    kellyanne
    Participant
    January 14, 2013 at 11:56 am #20517

2 years is a long time to put up with that. You don’t deserve to be cast aside so much!

SandraDee
    SandraDee
    Participant
    February 4, 2013 at 10:51 am #21751

We’ve been able to work through this. I realized I was being a bit selfish so I’ve let a lot of it go and let her hang out with her ex as long as she tells me when they’ll see each other…We decided to make our relationship a lot more open with less things to hide from each other.