I'm nervous to ask out my crush, any help or advice?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• helpless-romantic
    Participant
    November 14, 2016 at 4:29 pm #117273

My friend is gonna try to hook me up with my crush which I doubt will work she’s a senior I’m a junior. Thing is I have gym with her right after the class they have together. I’m the only boy in the gym class we have together. If she passes on me its cool but I feel like a ***** if only because she’s gonna see me sweating doing squats and **** for the next few months until classes are switched. But when we were doing a group activity we were supposed to switch members in our team each time but we both always ended up together on the same team. We also looked for our teacher together on the first day because we were lost that’s the into interaction we’ve had with each other I’m kind of nervous. When we were in gym today riding bikes she left the one she was initially using and sat closer to me but there were still a couple bikes between us. I think she was watching Netflix.

oheyyou
    Participant
    November 15, 2016 at 2:58 am #117320

Helpless-romantic,
    it seems as though you already have an in with this girl. Between the familiarity and the relocation next to you in the gym BIG HINT (I’m a gym rat BTW), it seems as a low risk high reward situation. Here’s the thing. Every interaction with the opposite sex is low risk high reward. This girl may or may not like you (and she most likely is into you), and could be waiting for you to make a move. IF SO, the longer you wait, the more indecisive and weak you’ll look. Asking her out (on a date) is you best option. Because if she is into you, waiting will erode the attraction she has for you. If she’s NOT into you and rejects your advances, well alright. Now you frigging now. Either way whether you succeed or not, you’ve taken action to grab the girl you’ve been pining for, or you’ll establish there is no romantic interest and be able to move on to more lucrative prospects. Make a move my man. Embarrassing yourself is part of dating.

rotoclick
    rotoclick
    Participant
    November 16, 2016 at 11:58 am #117499

The best advice I can give is don’t put 1 girl up on a pedestal and make her the end all be all because then you put way too much pressure on yourself. Simply think of how many women are out there and how many you’ll meet in the future. Just go for it because if you don’t and someone else swoops in, you’ll regret it. As long as you be yourself and you’re not fake and you have a sense of humor, those are the attributes that will carry you. Good luck!

cheers