I'm new to the dating game, so this is the classic should I keep chasing him

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 11:28 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

adamdex
    adamdex
    Participant
    May 2, 2017 at 3:31 am #135085

Okay so about 2 weeks ago I met a guy on hornet, we kinda hit it up, and he’s a top and I’m a bottom which is a match. So we decide to went on a date. Unexpectedly it went really well, we hit it up in real life, it was not awkward, we have a lot in common, and somewhat similar life goals. When we were still chatting on hornet he asked me what I’m looking for, I said relationship, dates, or anything really. And he said the same thing.

When I arrive home he already texted me. I said a have a good time and so did he, he told me I’m good looking and all that. We continue chatting for about 3 days, mostly he start the conversation first. The one day all of a sudden he’s not responding to my text, I mean I guess okay maybe he’s busy. The next day he’s still not responding, so I decided to text him again, this time it was just “check” during lunchtime. He reply around 9pm that night, we texting for a little bit and then he fell asleep.

adamdex
    adamdex
    Participant
    May 2, 2017 at 3:36 am #135086

The next day I text him again, and he’s not responding. This time I get it, he’s ignoring me because he’s online at hornet. But I can’t stop thinking about it, because he had a really good time before. He always text first before, we even talk on the phone, and he said “do you wanna meet again?” right after we end our first date. I decided to text him on hornet a couple days later, I said “I thought we had a good time before, what happen?” he reply right away and he said he didn’t know that I text him, he said my text got drowned by other texts.

And then we start texting again for about 2 or 3 days, it was nice really, he’s really sweet sometimes. And one day, he’s missing AGAIN!
    Like I don’t get it, one time we had a great time, then suddenly dissapear, and then it was nice again, and then he’s missing again. I know he’s online because I can see he sees my instagram story.

adamdex
    adamdex
    Participant
    May 2, 2017 at 8:47 am #135087

So what do you think? Should I text him again in a couple days? I mean I totally get it he’s probably changing his mind and ignoring me on purpose. But I can’t stop thinking about it.

You should know that this is my first time went on a date with a guy, because I was in the closet for so long before.
    Thanks.

1n1s2
    Participant
    May 2, 2017 at 1:06 pm #135165

yeah. that sucks. have confidence in yourself. know your worth. let him know plainly that he needs to let you know or you will move on. no response? move on. .. yeah…

NeverDated
    Participant
    June 10, 2017 at 3:15 am #139123

Yeah, as much as it sucks, it seems to me he isn’t really interested. You are probably just attached because he is the first guy you went on a date with (I’m kind of there myself, to be honest), and in my experience, guys on apps like that are all fickle and the apps really bring out the worst in everyone, so even if he is a great guy, you’re just going to have to move on.