DATING ADVICE FORUM

I'm not a leech

Author
    Comments

• TnekKralc
    Participant
    October 9, 2016 at 5:50 pm #113550
    I'm not a leech

My question: Is it possible to state in an online profile that you are looking for a woman capable of being the breadwinner of the family without making it sound like I want to leech off them? Some context, I am a 30 y/o male who has spent almost the entirety of my twenties in long term relationships. One for 6 years (1 of which married) and one for 3 years. For both we lived together the majority of the time. In both of them we made fairly equal money with myself being the more financially capable one, but still under 30k. I have spent most of that time failing at college and I am now at a place where I know I will never graduate.
    The number one cause of relationship problems are due to money. I would never be the stereotypical deadbeat asking for money. I pay my bills and have never asked to borrow money. I simply won’t be able to afford bringing nice things to the relationship. I just don’t know if it’s possible to say this or if I just have to carefully screen future dates :/

yeasnakeman
    Participant
    October 10, 2016 at 3:38 am #113559

As far as I’m aware, ther are only two legit options for you. You can either be completely honest about why you want that, or you can just not saying anything about it. If you don’t do any of those, I’m sorry, but you will seem to be a “leech”. I hope that that helps.

TnekKralc
    Participant
    October 10, 2016 at 9:18 am #113551

Some context on me. Outside of money I bring a lot to a relationship. Despite my inadequacies in school, I have a very high IQ and EQ. I am organized almost to a fault with budgets, chore lists, meal plans. I am a good cook and I don’t mind doing the dishes. I can be charismatic, and I have always been very close with my partners family’s. Physically I am 6’0 with an athletic runners build. I’m no ten, but I am certainly attractive. I also managed to hit the lottery when it comes to size downstairs. Despite how I may sound behind the shroud of online anonymity, IRL I am confident inside yet outwardly quite humble. Money is absolutely not a priority in my life and I am not looking for the next CEO of Microsoft. However I come from a large upper-middle class family and hope to have that life as an adult as well.