I'm not sure what he really wants from me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

deezee16
    Participant
    July 1, 2016 at 2:05 am #104283

Ok, I met this seemingly great guy through online dating, we have met up and been out on 5 dates so far. All of which were amazing and we both had a great time. I’ve met his 4 year old daughter and spent time with the both of them together. He has never been really all that great at the communication/texting part of the whole thing, and that has left me feeling kind of ignored. We ended up having sex on the night of our 5th date after spending an entire day together, and I thought it was an amazing day and night. The next day, I did hear from him, but just barely and at sporadic times of the day. He has talked to me about future plans for a ski trip and how he wants me to meet his friends, but for some reason I feel the lack of communication means that he’s not really that into me. I actually brought up the fact that I feel like he’s going to get “sick” of me and he told me that I underestimate how much he really likes me and that he doesn’t see that happening. I’m just so confused.

lilyvalley
    Participant
    July 1, 2016 at 2:17 am #104286

Ok first of all why would you say he’s going to get sick of you? Youre just starting out in this relationship and youre already saying that you’re a bore and annoying? Youre making yourself sound desperate. Youve only been on 5 dates you should be enjoying eachother not telling him that you’re so annoying that he’ll get sick of you. NEVER EVER put yourself down infront of a guy, if you don’t honor, love and respect yourself no guy ever will. Put yourself on a pedestal so that he will too. If he’s not into you then he’s not and oh well, don’t contact him and let him come to you and at his pace. If his pace isn’t yours then just break it off and move onto someone else. Goodluck!

lilyvalley
    Participant
    July 1, 2016 at 2:18 am #104287

You should behave as if you’re the best thing in the world and he’s the luckiest guy to be with you and that’s the opposite of what you’re doing. You need to believe that you are the best then act like it. So start the work from within yourself and everything will fall into place.

eljay
    eljay
    Participant
    July 5, 2016 at 8:00 am #104393

Honesty, you should move on. You two are not compatible and may never be. Sometimes opposites are compatible but you are not. Relationships need communication. A person can communicate in many ways. talking, touching, with their eyes etc…., You are most likely verbal, he obviously is not. You don’t have to communicate in the same way but you must be able to communicate with each other. He is not gonna change, you cannot change him. The best relationships are when people don’t speak but just know the other person or what they are thinking. You will never have this with him because you can’t communicate. If you don’t believe me, test it. Ask him how he feels; he will believe he is explaining himself and you will not have a clue what he is talking about. If you pursue this relationship with the lack of communication, you will continue you be unhappy (even more so than you are now)