I'm not sure whether this guy likes me or not

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AlexFromHell
    Participant
    May 17, 2016 at 11:08 am #100599

Two months ago i’ve met a guy online and we met for the first time one month after chatting online. We live on the opposite sides of our country and therefore can’t see each other as much as i would like to. I’m not going to see him till summer.
    Here’s the thing, i am really not sure whether he actually likes me. Around two weeks after we first started talking there was an obvious flirting between us that eased down with time is almost non-existent from his side at this point. He told me things that hit me right in the heart, to be honest; in a way that no one ever did before. At this point if i’m giving him a compliment or try to flirt he usually just says “Awww you”. What i recall mostly is that he was calling me very charming before, perhaps it’s just natural to do less of it after a while? Or is it because he lost the interest?

AlexFromHell
    Participant
    May 17, 2016 at 11:09 am #100600

We were enjoying our company when we’ve met for two days one month ago. There was no physical contact though, it wasn’t your typical date, and i was fine with that. I don’t really like touching unless i know the person very well in order to feel fully comfortable with them, but i told him how i love looking into his eyes and he said that he likes my body. I’m confused at this point because i had no idea what to reply and he became quite cold later. Sometimes it takes him days to reply to my messages, other times we talk for hours. He definitely wants to see me again and i’m planning to visit him this summer. I wouldn’t mind being just friends to be honest. I really happened to like him and want to get to know him better at this point. I feel connection and i’m pretty sure it’s mutual to some point. I’m quite a straightforward person so i asked him to just tell me if he wishes to stop talking with me or seeing me, but that was not the case.

AlexFromHell
    Participant
    May 17, 2016 at 4:58 pm #100601

I think he’s a wonderful and interesting person and i would like to give it a try, but if he doesn’t feel the same way, i’d be alright with being just friends, as long as i can be part of his life and be there for him. Either way is good, what is not good is not knowing where we stand and i’m pretty tired of these mixed signals. I know that he often takes long time to reply and i don’t mind that. I don’t really expect him to drop everything for me. Perhaps i just need to be reassured more often that he still likes me the way when we were flirting.
    Here’s a little twist. I am intersex, born as neither male or female. This automatically means that my dating pool is very, very, very limited. Since… well, since always i was taught to avoid dating because of that and i pretty much accepted being alone, but then he showed up (he’s pansexual) and told me how attractive he finds my androgynous traits and we were enjoying each other’s company.

AlexFromHell
    Participant
    May 17, 2016 at 4:58 pm #100602

I don’t want to sound desperate and i’m certainly not trying to be at this point, but this gave me a glimpse into something i never thought i could have and made me happy. I guess some part of me wants to believe that this can be true and not just an illusion. Also, i am asexual and completely not interested in sex. I remember him mentioning that he’s not into sex, which practically leaves him as one of the few potential people in this world that it could probably work with.

hoittoni
    hoittoni
    Participant
    May 17, 2016 at 8:12 pm #100692

I honesty think you should give him time