DATING ADVICE FORUM

I'm overthinking this so much it's depressing me

Author
    Comments

• lagrange
    Participant
    November 20, 2016 at 11:21 pm #117975
    I'm overthinking this so much it's depressing me

There’s this girl I like, and I think she knows by now because I already asked her out a few weeks ago, she said something like ‘yeah we should hang out sometime’ and nothing happened yet because it’s been a busy few weeks for both of us, and I regret not bringing it up with her again. We still hang out to study, and every week or so she asks for help with an assignment, etc. We get along super well in each other’s company, and I’m pretty sure she enjoys spending time with me as much as I do with her. She knows that I like her because I asked her out on a date. She’s not ignoring me and avoiding me, which is a good sign (right?). As you can tell, i’m really bad at deciphering these kinds of things. Does she just want to be friends or is there a possibility that she may be interested in me too? I wish I could provide more info. I’m still going to ask her out again this week, but at this point I just want opinions from literally anybody.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  lagrange.
    Mr.J
    Mr.J
    Participant
    November 26, 2016 at 7:50 am #118144

Go for a couple more outs..dont get depressed, Its more depressing if she ignores you:)..If you think you both are good with each other, then its good.. Dont live down to Expectations, Go out there and do something Remarkable.

Anonymous
    November 26, 2016 at 11:16 pm #118160

its very interesting

jadeseashell
    jadeseashell
    Participant
    November 26, 2016 at 11:26 pm #118161

It depends on what she wants in her life at the moment. Sometimes, women want male friends because a male friend = a boyfriend – stress.

You can still keep asking her out and clarify your desire, then you’ll know the answer pretty soon. Good luck.

katzzzzz
    Participant
    November 27, 2016 at 1:31 am #118168

Ask her on a specific date, to dinner or coffee or something. If she says no and offers no alternative time for a date, she’s probably not interested. If she says no, but does offer an alternative time for a date, you’re good! Hopefully she will just say YES!

The Bear
    Participant
    November 28, 2016 at 8:59 am #118187

She’s not confirmed romantic interest therefore keep it friendly and if you want to ask her out don’t make it one on one – invite her to something social with more than just you two.

The Bear
    Participant
    November 28, 2016 at 8:59 am #118188

She hasn’t confirmed romantic interest therefore if you want to keep asking her out, invite her to something social with a group of people so that she can get to know you more.

josephddiazz
    Participant
    November 29, 2016 at 12:47 pm #118447

My advice would be to start flirting a little during those study sessions, and try to compliment her (in the cutest way possible) so she feels like you’re noticing. Start doing this and if you see like she like being complimented and flirt with, ask her out to the movies, or to have some casual dinner. Don’t over do at first. Keep it casual, but flirty man!

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    December 1, 2016 at 4:33 pm #118719

Ask her on a specific date, to dinner or coffee or something. If she says no and offers no alternative time for a date, she’s probably not interested. If she says no, but does offer an alternative time for a date, you’re good! Hopefully she will just say YES!

Exactly. Propose a very specific time/date and activity for a date, and ask it in a way it’s clear you mean a date! no “let’s hang out” but “i’d love to take you out for dinner” (or insert activity there). Better yet.. “I heard that the seals are migrating to the hangout spot this weekend only and should be a great viewing weekend to watch them… sounds really cool. Interested in joining me to go see?”

If interested she’ll say “yes”.
    If interested but already booked, she’ll say, “oh that would be fun! but i can’t that weekend. how about the weekend after?”
    Anything else is a no.

Angel3112
    Participant
    December 2, 2016 at 10:56 am #118846
    Reply To: I'm overthinking this so much it's depressing me

Keep it simple. Just simply ask her how she feels. Tell her how you feel. If you guys are still spending time together via study dates and other social settings, those are perfect opportunities for you to bring it up. Being a woman, I would like to say she’s not oblivious and she definitely knows you’re into her. Unfortunately, we’re fickle creatures who enjoy the chase, as awful as it sounds. But it could also be very possible that she really doesn’t know you like her. You won’t ever know these things until you sit her down and talk to her like an adult. Just be prepared for two outcomes – 1) she could easily put you in the friend zone. It sucks and nobody likes to be rejected, but I promise you there are plenty of wonderful fish in the sea who will come into your life. 2) She’ll be very happy you confessed your feelings and reciprocate those feelings back. Then you won’t have to be so anxious about asking her on dates. Hope this helps! Good luck.