DATING ADVICE FORUM

I'm shy and need help with s girl

Author
    Comments

• benhinshaw0917
    Participant
    August 9, 2016 at 2:11 am #107788
    I'm shy and need help with s girl

Hi friends, need some help here. This is my senior year of high school. I’m very shy and I have zero experience with girls. Never dated or really even talked to any girl. I am fairly good looking and in decent shape. I get good grades but don’t do any activities at school. I go to a small school so most girls in my class know that I’m really awkward and shy and I’ve been around them so much for the last twelve years that I really don’t feel anything for any of them anyway. But there’s this girl in the class one year younger than me that I really like I mean a lot. I really don’t know a whole lot about her but she seems kinda nice and is gorgeous in a unique way. I mean there are probably prettier girls at our school but none more attractive to me than her. She’s moderately popular she’s a cheerleader and a volleyball player. She’s not the stereotype though. I had a class last semester with her but I doubt she knows I exist. I don’t know if she would date me, how do I try?

leofcb
    Participant
    August 9, 2016 at 3:52 am #107790

First off my man, Live by the motto look good, smell good, feel good.

Put effort into yourself and you will get noticed. If you are in decent shape, workout. You will gain a lot of confidence and get some pep in your step from lifting weights and seeing results. If you think you look cool and want to skip that, do yourself a favor and dress well, have good hygiene, and splash on some cologne. Girls like guys that can dress nice and that smell good; It really isn’t rocket science. Wear some great cologne and you are guaranteed to get a few compliments from people. All of that stuff listed above will get you noticed. You want to attract her, right? Put some effort into all of that.The first thing that people notice is appearances. Get that taken care of and you can move on to the next part.

leofcb
    Participant
    August 9, 2016 at 3:59 am #107791

The next part is learning how to talk to girls.

This takes confidence and boldness. You have to get to a point where you just say screw it and start taking chances on talking to them.
    This can be as simple as saying hi or what’s up. Be nice. Smile. But don’t come off as creepy. Lol.
    Once you feel you can say hi and that she knows you exist, then you can start to have small talk with her. Ask her simple things like how her weekend was or how her day is going. Find something you have in common, like a class, a build off that…say something like, man…this test that we have coming up sucks, I’m not looking forward to it. You want to show her that you’re similar to her and relatable.
    After you move on from small talk, try to walk with her after a class or ask her what she’s doing for lunch. See if she was gonna buy lunch and offer to buy her lunch. Then you can actually talk with her and get to know her.

leofcb
    Participant
    August 9, 2016 at 4:02 am #107792

The truth is that eventually you’re going to have to put yourself out there bro. At one point you’re going to have to tell her that you’re interested in getting to know her more and that you wanna spend some more time with her. The only way you skip past this is if she throws herself at you.

Ultimately though, women and girls wait for guys to make the first move. Men are natural hunters, and when you really want something…you’re gonna go out and try to get it. You looking here for advice is you getting off your behind and making an effort already. You have it in you! Go do it.

justonequestion
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 9:06 am #107964

I completely agree with the above! Just find the confidence inside to talk to her to begin with and take it from there! Good Luck

redlips
    redlips
    Participant
    August 11, 2016 at 9:11 am #107966

Yeah. Be confident! Take the initiative to approach her. Good luck!

AEMFS
    Participant
    August 12, 2016 at 3:27 pm #108120

How Badly do you want her ? if she is all you can think about then you got to use that as your drive, no one is perfect so dont be scared to fail. the girl im with has never been out with a guy like me, guys like me never get girls like her. but i didn’t give up and i got her in the end. when i finally asked her after we got together what it was that made her fall for me ? she told me it was kindness and the respect i showed her.
    now you my see some confident meat head give her the sweet talk and she may even smile back that dose not necessarily mean she likes him and you dont stand a chance, sometimes the shy guy gets the girl because he is sweet.
    you need to at least smile at her, and say hello. AFTER that step if your still feeling shy, try talking to her friends drop some hints that you like her, if her friends think you ok they might do some of the leg work for you (WARNING, never ask them to do this directly) you will seem like a coward.

AEMFS
    Participant
    August 12, 2016 at 3:37 pm #108123

even if they dont talk to her for you they may give you some tips on what she likes and wants from a guy. you need to do some reserch, get to work soldier your princess awaits you 😉

AEMFS
    Participant
    August 13, 2016 at 6:44 am #108150
    Reply To: I'm shy and need help with s girl

ok your trying to get a school boy to call you………..not good.
    dont call him!, dont do it !

Brother_Nero2016
    Participant
    August 13, 2016 at 6:58 pm #108161

Just be yourself. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there. And if all else fails, you can always try online dating.

bobby.bill1882
    Participant
    August 16, 2016 at 2:29 pm #108409

Talk to her and ask her out dont get to attached tho and over think your situation it will eat you alive

derekmoore400
    Participant
    August 17, 2016 at 2:34 pm #108621

Just go for it man.

heidigoodrich
    heidigoodrich
    Participant
    August 18, 2016 at 8:55 pm #108810

I love all the encouragement! We all know what it’s like to take the risk of falling flat on your face. I just want to say 2 things. Speaking as the girl in high school who had quite the following of guys, but never knew it until after the fact….I would have so appreciated any one of those guys to just come up and talk to me. It made me sad back then, that they were so afraid of me. I was just a person…not this “untouchable” girl….I hung out with a lot of those kind of girls that guys would say that about and let me tell you that couldn’t be further from the truth!!! The perception people had back then was tainted by so many things. So the guys that did know us, were the ones that saw us as just regular people. So remember…she may be beautiful to you, but she is also very human….she farts, she picks her nose, she does embarrassing things…she is just like the rest of us!!! Second, I take a lot of risks in my life because of 1 factor alone. I have confidence that

heidigoodrich
    heidigoodrich
    Participant
    August 18, 2016 at 9:01 pm #108812

NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, I TRUST MYSELF that I will always figure out a way to get back up on my feet. It’s hard for people to find the confidence about themselves to step outside their comfort zone….at least at first….so maybe focus on the idea that even if you fall flat on your face, you will be okay. Life will go on. There will be other girls and there will be other epic failures….FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!! So why not get used to the idea that you are going to fail many times in your life. If you are so afraid of failing that it prevents you from living your life and taking risks, then you are in for one VERY LIMITED life. Why not choose to face the fear, the failure and find out that you are okay either way. If it works out in your favor, then kudos! If you fail miserably, then I still say well done for facing your fear, you will find out you survived and at the very least, you will learn that you are resilient, which is a quality you will need for the rest of your life

MikeGreo
    Participant
    August 18, 2016 at 11:57 pm #108818

Being yourself is always good.

1 2