I'm stuck and I need everyones opinions.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tommyroad
    Participant
    June 13, 2016 at 1:07 am #103246

Ugh Where do I even begin.

I am 14 (turning 15 soon) and I never imagined myself feeling this way. I never believe in young love because of lack of experience on both sides before I met this girl. She makes my world feel upside down, she makes every minute of my day feel like its the greatest minute of my life. When I am with her I feel better then I have ever felt before.

The problem is that she doesn’t want to do anything behind her parents back. She has made this clear to me and told me this. I told her that I was willing to wait until she can (2 years) if she feels the same way. She told me that she does love me and its not fair that I have to wait.

I am planning on waiting for 2 years to be with her (most of you will think this is a mistake)

The thing is, I think she is confused. She doesn’t know what ‘dating’ is because we still do things that people in a relationship would do such as cuddle during a movie and hold hands.

Is it worth it to wait?

Louie97
    Participant
    June 13, 2016 at 2:51 pm #103315

this sounds like a sweet story of young love. aww I believe that if you two really love each other as much as you say you do, that waiting two years to be an official couple would be no problem for either of you. i also believe that this two year wait is worth it because seeing that this girl isn’t well versed on the mechanisms of ‘dating’ as you said, this time will give her the opportunity to grow and mature as an individual, so that when you guys get together it’s gonna be a beautiful experience. I also commend your maturity on being willing to wait for the one you love. Alll the best in pursuit of your beautiful love story.

geminidmn
    Participant
    June 13, 2016 at 3:20 pm #103317

i see no harm in just being friends and gain her parents approval and then go to them to ask if you can take her out, its old fashioned i know, but that would make a nice impression on her since you are validating her reason for not dating at this young age.

BlaiseSwordsman
    Participant
    June 16, 2016 at 12:18 pm #103486

2 years seem too much for me. I mean a lot can change during that time. Your or her feelings can fade easily.