I'm Super Afraid I've Ruined It

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 7:20 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    April 9, 2017 at 9:52 am #132662

I’ve been dating this girl, and last night we were texting. At about 2 in the morning I told her I wanted to go to bed, and goodnight. She said goodnight, and then made a flirty comment. I didn’t get what she was saying, because I as tired and sort of had trouble reading at that point, and it didn’t register as being flirty. I made a comment that didn’t really make sense, an then she sent me back “Hmm?” and then I said, “I think I misread your last message. Sorry.” To which she sent said, “Go to sleep dude.” Twice. The same message twice. I feel like she’s upset with me. Should I apologize, or just pretend like it didn’t happen? It doesn’t seem like a big deal, but I’ve ruined potential relationships with less. I also have a habit of being overly apologetic, and she knows it, so I might not look the best if I do it again. Thoughts?

SwindonChap
    Participant
    April 9, 2017 at 1:43 pm #132664

If it was a genuine mistake, and she really does like you, she will get over it. Might just be worth acknowledging that you were very tired, and make an apologetic but flirty gesture to show her that you are interested?

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    April 9, 2017 at 3:05 pm #132667

I’d like to update this. I texted her about something else, just asking her a question, then quick made an apology. We chatted about the other thing, and she said it wasn’t a big deal. Then we moved on. Part of me is afraid that she thinks I’m a prude now, but at least she doesn’t seem upset. At least not deal breaker upset.

alexanthoo
    Participant
    April 9, 2017 at 6:43 pm #132670

Don’t stress over it, you’ve apologized and i think it’s fixable

Lover94
    Participant
    April 9, 2017 at 7:24 pm #132672

I don’t think it’s a big deal. You should be fine.

jclondon
    Participant
    April 10, 2017 at 3:43 am #132686

You will be fine