I'm too much of an introvert…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Shae
    Participant
    July 6, 2014 at 8:12 pm #56805

I met this person 2 years ago. After about 6 months into the process of getting to know each other we decided that we were going to move forward into a relationship. Our chemistry is crazy. They expressed to me that they’ve never felt the way that they have about me with anyone else. They’re definitely the extrovert where I’m the complete opposite. So even though my feelings were just as strong, I always had difficulties expressing them because of fear. So after about 3 months it began to wear on them. Even though the chemistry was/is still there, since about November we’ve been trying to put the pieces together and work on communication. But in the meantime she decided we should date other people and her favorite line is “never say never, but not right now”.

Where do I go from here? I love her and we both agree that there’s potential and chemistry still between us. We just can’t get the pieces to fit together.

onebigvon
    Participant
    July 6, 2014 at 9:11 pm #56807

As much as it pains me to say it, you must move outside your comfort zone if you want to hold on to this one. I know that it is not easy, but think about the alternative.

For most people that are shy or introverted, it is a fear of rejection that holds them back from expressing their feelings. They may be afraid that if they open up to the other person, the sentiment might not be returned and they will feel rejection.

In your case, you know that she has feelings for you and she is giving you the keys to her heart. The key in this case being that you need to open up and let her know how you feel because basically, you are rejecting her by not showing her that you feel the same way. You have to know that she cares for you, so by all means, if you really want her in your life, make a grand gesture and win her back by showing her what she means to you. Leave no doubt in her mind that you are the one for her and that you are willing to do whatever it takes! Good luck!

phoenix7
    phoenix7
    Participant
    July 14, 2014 at 10:10 am #57364

If you are younger (late teens to early 20’s), it sound like she’s looking to feed off someone who is also on the outgoing side. She must like you since she trying to be gentle letting you go. Maybe you like her a lot and she might like you, yet there could be that missing mutual chemistry. Maybe time might bring you both back together, yet you are better off moving on and applying lessons learned to the next potential relationship.