In a complicated situation.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

joharlow
    Participant
    February 19, 2016 at 10:12 pm #93968

As you all may probably know, the biggest problem we have on dating while being in the closet is finding out if the person likes you back. If they do, they may not have the courage to say it, just as you don’t have the guts to tell them yourself. Flirting when either side can’t actually admit to being interested is close to impossible.

This is where I’m at. We go to the same college, we used to be in the same class before I failed and I just can’t take him off my mind. Back when we first met we rarely talked, because his best friend hated me (because of a girl) and he is extremely shy. The first time we spoke he turned red and kept staring at the floor.

For about a year our interactions kept mostly the same. He would see me when I came by the classroom to see my friends, we would rarely greet each other and have eye contact from across the room.

joharlow
    Participant
    February 19, 2016 at 10:20 pm #93969

The breakthrough happened recently. We were gathered in a group of friends after an exam and talked, this time he would actually look into my eyes. I got his phone number to plan a hangout with the guys and we texted for some time (that would be considered a lot given the progress in the course of a year).

I added him on snapchat, so we exchange snaps for a laugh. Interaction is progressing in a way that I don’t feel uneasy when I see him in the hallway anymore, and he seems to feel more welcome to talk to me. I’m usually very social, he always sees me with lots of friends but talking to him in person seems so hard!

We’re both jewish, I don’t know how religious his family is, but some of my family members know I’m bi and they don’t care. Given his shyness, if he is gay at all, I think I’m screwed. What should I do?

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 20, 2016 at 9:48 pm #94006

Just ask him. Better to be forthcoming then withhold intentions and succumb to conflict later. You’re in college, people are open-minded.