In a relationship and feelings for another guy!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    January 1, 2018 at 7:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jennabriltz
    Participant
    January 14, 2018 at 12:07 am #162399

I am currently in a relationship, and I just met this other guy and we get along so well. We are pretty much the same person but different genders, it’s kind of crazy how alike we are. We’ve been hanging out a bit and it’s completely innocent because I do have a boyfriend the problem is, I’m starting to get feelings for him. I can admit that I like having these feelings but I don’t want them and I want us to just be friends. I think he may have feelings for me too but I’m not sure.

And I’m going to admit that I kind of screwed up a bit. Me and this guy met at a mutual friends house and my boyfriend was there as well. I’m not actually sure if he knows I have a boyfriend because I haven’t mentioned it the few times we hung out. I have no idea what’s wrong with me I just thought maybe it would make things awkward. And now I feel like we’ve hung out too much (6 times) that it would be weird if I just mention it now! Like do I just pretend like I thought he knew cause he was at the party

xmeza123
    Participant
    January 14, 2018 at 10:15 pm #162425

Yikes Girl! The more you hang with him, the more your feelings may get deeper.

You should casually mention it him – just cause it would be the right thing to do.

Jeyna
    Participant
    January 14, 2018 at 11:52 pm #162430

I believe that, when we are in a relationship, and we develop feeelings for others, that we are missing something in our relationship.

What is the new guy bringigng you that your boyfriend don’t.

I guess, from your message, that it’s that feeling of connection, that you have.

How can you bring that to your relationship? Maybe you should go on a “date” with your boyfriend, where you would allow each other to “rediscover” yourselves. We tend to thing that because we are with someone, we got to know them, but a new angle can shed a totally different light on someone we “thought” we knew.

As for the new guy, as xmeza states, you might just try to mention it to him.
    Like “did you try this new restaurant? “name” brought me there the other day.
    and later “yeah, went to see that movie with my bf, loved it”

amandarose
    Participant
    January 16, 2018 at 8:58 am #162421

Dump your boyfriend and go out with the other guy. It’s ok to find someone that you get along better with, even if you are in a relationship. It just happened, you didn’t mean for it to. Be honest with yourself.