In Love w/ a Barista

DATING ADVICE FORUM

In Love w/ a Barista

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

croSSeduP
    Participant
    December 23, 2016 at 2:30 pm #120971
    In Love w/ a Barista

Okay. First off, I’m 50 and the woman I’m thinking of is 25. Sorry if that is “off-putting” to you; it is what is. Besides, there are examples of such relationships. I got to know a couple last summer at a resort that had the same age differences, and the guy was not that great looking. She? She was hot. So, I know it’s possible. So, here’s my dilemma… The woman I’m thinking of is a barista/bar tender at a bikini barista stand that also serves alcohol and food. Of course every female who works at such a place must be attractive, but this babe? Damn. Let’s just say she’s “my type”. All I want at this point is to get in the batter’s box, and get her to see me when she isn’t working; drinks, appetizers at a public place where we can just TALK. How do I do this? I’ve always struck-out when trying to get a girl I like to go out with me, unless there is an obvious mutual attraction. Help! I don’t want to let this one slip by!

Anonymous
    December 24, 2016 at 3:10 am #121000

Before i give any advice, i need to say how much of a bad idea i think this is. She is definitely going to cheat on you at some point with someone younger. that is if she agrees in the first place and if her friends dont convince her to turn you into a sugar daddy. Having said that, the first step towards getting her attention would be frequently visiting the bar she works at, ALONE of course. Compliment her regularly. tell her how good she looks and how awesome her cocktails are. Tip her whenever you can, defend her when jerks come around the bar and try to harass her. Do this for a while then move to the next stage. Offer to walk her home after work and im pretty sure things will move on from there. its also very important to observe her body language and responses so you dont end up wasting your time. when you begin, watch out for tell tale signs: smiles when she sees you, looks out for you at the bar, offers you free drinks, puts much effort into your cocktails

Anonymous
    December 24, 2016 at 3:13 pm #121002

Being all touchy/feely with you and letting her touch you. Goodluck.

sasha
    sasha
    Participant
    December 25, 2016 at 8:47 am #121033

Why don’t u just ask her out ? if she says yes then the feeling is possibly mutual, if she rejects u then just move on

JZen
    Participant
    December 26, 2016 at 1:20 am #121041

Ask her out what do you have to lose? If its a no go just move on.

croSSeduP
    Participant
    December 26, 2016 at 4:03 am #121050

Carl – I like your advice above. I’m really not looking to make this girl a serious LTR… Frankly, I’d like to be FWB, so I’m cool w/ her looking elsewhere for “fun”, as long as I have the same latitude. And, update… I saw her at the place she works actually being a customer. She was w/ friends I didn’t know, we said “hi” to each other, and went to our separate places. However, all through the night I kept my eye on her, and whenever she looked up I tried to make sure our eyes met, and then I’d look away with a smile. By the end of the evening she asked me over to her table by motioning. Wow. Her friends had left monetarily and we started talking. Honestly, I was too drunk to remember what we said, but she reminded me that I had given her my phone number when she first started working there. I had forgotten this! I asked her to text me, and I left it at that. Wish I’d said more…

AcesDJD
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 9:39 am #121090

What’s in it for her? You get the young hot body what does she get? Yeah you see couples with this age gap (mostly on tv) but its usually a rich older guy. If you have a lot of money and are willing to spend a good bit on her things could work out otherwise its very unlikely.