in love with the one person i shouldnt be

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:09 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CantFindName
    Participant
    September 17, 2015 at 7:57 am #85513

so,i know this girl for about 6 years (from the internet)
    i’ve had a lot of girlfriends but every girl went away sometime except this one,she was always there for me,after some years i realised i was in love with her,but i ignored it it wasnt that hard,but now she moved it and i found out that it is soooooooo hard to ignore those feelings
    she is a quite touchy girl,she holds my hand everytime we walk,she calls me 5-6 times per day,she even complains when im letting her go from the hugs,and those times she stares right into my eyes for long periods of time
    anyway,what im trying to say is that based on the body language i believe there is a sexual tension bewteen us
    but then i found out that she is still talking with her ex (they broke up 1 year ago or something)she told me she broke up with him because he was so cold with her,and that she doesnt like him at all (she gave him multiple chances but he couldnt change)anyway,i dont know why the fk is she still talking with him

CantFindName
    Participant
    September 17, 2015 at 7:59 am #85514

but i got so dissapointed,i dont even know if i want to make a move anymore,i think i’ll have to stop talking to her,i thought i could stay friends with her forever without anything sexual but its out of my control

any advice/comment ?

CantFindName
    Participant
    September 17, 2015 at 8:25 am #85515

edit:she’s not my girlfriend,i just used wrong words to describe the situation and i dont know if i can edit my post right now

everything
    Participant
    September 18, 2015 at 7:40 pm #85605

They have this thing for users, and bad boys, big turn on for them. Once they become damaged goods, and grow up a little bit, some never do grow up, just not a requirement with feminism and all, eventually they’ll figure out that number 2 is not all that bad after all, but then they’ll share all the diseases he and all his gfriends gave her, so it’s all just seconds anyways. I’ve got internet gfriends 20 years and counting, true friends!, but not companion. She’s trying to connect with you, go slow, take it easy, sometimes I’m just like, the heck with it, nice guy, never use my girls, I’m a lover. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqhmBxlVhFA

Anonymous
    September 25, 2015 at 10:51 am #85952

If she is still talking to her ex it she may feel something for him. But you can be more initiative and show her your real intentions. If you feel something more than just a friendship, then act! In other way, you will regret about the ignorance of your instincts.

Steebly
    Steebly
    Participant
    September 25, 2015 at 1:46 pm #85955

The truth is that she is talking to him because you have not offered her the kind of serious, secure, and emotionally/physically rewarding relationship that she needs. The relationship is not at a level where true commitment is realistic. Remember its not about how long you talk it is about the substance of the moments you share.

In my experience there have been so many girls with boyfriends that I liked; and I often wondered if it was possible that they might like me more and that they where only with the guy they where with cause he came along at the right time. I have always felt that it is not cheating if you are not married, that you deserve to know if your with the right person, and that sometimes if you really care about someone there are other people out there with similar qualities. So, I say let her talk to him, become more serious with her, then if she likes him better say good bye and you should talk to other women too and see how you feel about them.

CantFindName
    Participant
    September 26, 2015 at 11:22 pm #85991

hello again guys
    something got into me the other day,and i decided to talk to her i didnt make a move i just told her its hard to see her as a friend anymore,and i need some time to get myself back together,she was shocked,she was crying,and blaming herself for talking to me about her ex or boyfriend things
    anyway,it hurts so much,this girl was my everything,everytime i was sad from a bad breakup i was going to her to cheer me up,and now i cant do that anymore
    im trying so hard to get this over,it hurts me even in my sleep,but i want to try and save my friendship,that girl literally puts herself down to help me everytime,she even got to all this trouble to be in a college next to me (400 km away from her parents)
    but i dont how is this gonna turn out,its already awkward (she’s trying to fix it already)but i dont know,will i ever ignore all of this and go back to being a good friend?