In love with the same girl for almost 5 years, but just now realized it…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:55 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Casey12u2
    Participant
    December 21, 2014 at 8:40 am #69511

I first met her in 9th grade (we’re a year out of high school now) and we were best friends until 10th grade but she had a boyfriend at the time so it never became anything more. Now we work at the same place and our schedules are exactly the same so I always work with her and it reminded me why I liked her so much in the first place. Now she has another boyfriend who’s also her roommate and by what she’s told me and our coworkers she doesn’t like him too much, he’s cheated on her 4 times now and it sounds like they’re breaking up soon but she’s also getting a job somewhere else. Every time I work with her we become closer and it seems like she’s developing feelings for me again too, but when she starts her new job that’s all gonna end because we don’t talk outside of work. We’re not really friends like we used to be, we talk alot when we see each other but we don’t see each other so that we can talk, how can I turn this around without being weird about it, remember she has a boyfriend

Tonic
    Participant
    December 21, 2014 at 9:54 am #69513

You mentioned you don’t speak much out side of work? Do something about it, social media plays a massive part in communication these days, start up a conversation on facebook (i assume you guys would both have it). If not ask for her number 😀 Just mention to her before she leaves that you feel you have a good friendship with her and would love to keep in contact.

Casey12u2
    Participant
    December 24, 2014 at 5:10 am #69585

Thanks for the advice, definitely will do. I got her to hang out with me and some friends and go bowling on Christmas so that’ll be nice! 🙂