In need of advice.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

In need of advice.

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dreamer5464
    Participant
    August 14, 2015 at 8:33 am #84066
    In need of advice.

So this guy I have a huge crush on and I haven’t talked to him in a month. Back in May I asked him if he wanted a relationship/wanted to date and he said “I think eventually I’ll want one just not soon. So I think friends is good now.” Should I text him at all? It is always me texting first and I don’t want to annoy him. I’ve asked him if he was interested and he said that he was that he just wasn’t looking for a girl friend or anything serious right now. I don’t want to look desperate, I mean I’ve been independent all of my life. It’s just that I would like to have a boyfriend but I don’t need one. I don’t know whether to stop texting him and let things be or text him and just be nice and be friendly? I’m in my 20s and have never had a relationship and I’ve never been kissed. So I don’t really know what I’m doing.

Avey Wilde
    Participant
    August 19, 2015 at 8:49 am #84331

If he is not prepared to date at the moment, you should either wait until he is prepared for a relationship, or discard the notion of pursuing a relationship with him at the moment. Even though he is not interested in you romantically, there is no reason that you and he cannot remain friends, provided that you harbor no bitterness toward him about his decision not to be in a relationship. Since you never have had a relationship, do not fret, you have your entire life to develop one. At the moment, focus you time and energy upon tasks and hobbies which you enjoy and do not be concerned about developing a relationship.

vargez4
    Participant
    August 19, 2015 at 9:15 am #84378

I may be wrong. but he could be trying hard to get or getting confused. You can try hanging out with other guy friends who you can be sure won’t have crush on you eventually. Make sure this guy sees it, if he sees that you are slipping out of hand he might try to jump in to get back your attention. Just play safe, don’t take it too far, if you understand what I mean. He should be worth it.

HufflepuffAlways02
    Participant
    August 21, 2015 at 1:51 am #84438

I think you should be his friend for now, and pursue other guys, show him how independent you are, and when he is ready to date you’ll be right there (if you still want to)

rondgram
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 5:07 pm #84663

Do you…live your life and when he is ready he’ll come around. But you don’t want to come off as desperate nor do you want him to think you’re no longer interested in him
    You’ll have to find that balance.