In need of dating advice!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mol_2412
    Participant
    February 20, 2015 at 3:48 pm #73835

So, I met this guy a month ago, we met at a party, got on so well and he asked me out to dinner, I was seeing someone at the time but said that I wished I could.

Its now a month later, I’m single and I contacted him to ask him out for coffee, we went out last week and it was so lovely, after coffee he suggested we go out to the cinema soon, but is yet to contact me about it. We’ve text a little bit since then, however, hes really slow to text me and make something happen, we dont speak much and I really want to get to know him, I’m mirroring what hes doing, not being needy, just cool and easy going but want things to move forward.

Should I just be patient?

l_m
    Participant
    February 22, 2015 at 12:06 am #73874

To me it sounds like he has lost interest in you. When he asked you out at first, that was when his interest in you was the highest. Then of course circumstances where such to where you were unavailable. Now after your first encounter (which in your mind may have went very well but you truly don’t know how he felt about it) One way you can tell whether or not he connected with you is if he is pushing for the second date. Yes he may have suggested to go out to a movie sometime but a guy on fire would push for another date for two reasons 1.He is interested in you as a possible candidate for a committed relationship or 2.He just wants to spin your head and take you for a ride. But at this point with his slow responses and you initiating contact he is not saying this but he is politely letting you go. But this is just my opinion. If he has proven other wise and is just shy about it, then you need to woman up and tell him what you are looking for and if he doesn’t respond then move on.

jodi09
    Participant
    March 2, 2015 at 12:01 pm #74479

Considering that you’ve only been out once for coffee, with some texting here and there afterward, it’s too soon to tell this guy what it is that you want or are looking for because you two haven’t really established much of anything. Yes he may have been interested in you at one point, and you were unavailable……but in the month between your meeting and you contacting him, he may have met someone else. He may have found interest in someone else and that may be a priority to him. You turned him down, then called him back a month later…..in the life of a single person, a month is a long time, and anything can happen. I wouldn’t too much of anything out there at the moment. Have your touch-and-go text sessions and have some low-level conversations until he seems to be more attentive. There’s every possibility he may be checking out how you handle yourself here, considering he was already shot down once.

SMS
    SMS
    Participant
    March 4, 2015 at 5:36 pm #74762

Its too soon to tell what he is doing, but my advice would be not to close other doors for yourself. If you find anyone go for him, untill its clear what he wants. Because there is a possibility he is into someone else now and have lost interest in you. But dont jump to any conclusion but also dont close other options. Good Luck

highschoolgirl
    Participant
    March 4, 2015 at 8:30 pm #74779

Maybe he forgot, you should text him first but be discreet about it. Say something like “Have you seen <insert a movie title>, it sounds so good>” I think theres nothing wrong with initiating a conversation with a guy.

saraaileen76
    Participant
    March 8, 2015 at 12:26 pm #75003

i am going through something similar. I have been talking to this guy for a month. we have gone out twice. He says he wants to spend time with me. When I ask him if he wants to see a movie he says he would love to. Then I send a couple of movies and times I get no response. I call him he doesn’t answer. Then a couple days later out of the blue he calls. I just don’t get it.

Mantyr
    Participant
    March 10, 2015 at 10:46 pm #75183

Girls are usually non-linear with these things, guys are just about always linear.

If you went on one date and he is chatting with you “kinda sorta” it means he is “kinda sorta” interested in you.

The only reason guys might deviate is if they are worried how the girl might react.

For example the “wait 3 days before calling her” isn’t a guy thing, its a thing some guy did because he was worried how a girl was going to respond and then it became a popularized (although completely silly) idea.