In need of some serious advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:18 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

someonehere
    Participant
    May 19, 2015 at 12:55 pm #79291

This is kind of going to be a long post so I’m a bit sorry in advance.

A couple of weeks ago I asked a co-worker of mine if she would like to go out on a date with me. Now we’ve been working together for about 5 months; during those months we’ve talked plenty of times and I’ve found that we have a lot common interest. So when I asked her she said yes. We both seemed general happy about it so naturally I was excited and we planned out a date for ourselves. However next week she sent me a message telling me that she didn’t think she was ready to go on a date. She further tells me how it had only been a couple of weeks since she broke up with her boyfriend, which I honestly didn’t know of, and that she doesn’t think she’s looking for anything right now.

someonehere
    Participant
    May 19, 2015 at 12:57 pm #79292

Now despite this we’re still pretty cool with each other as we talked everything out and she told me not to worry about it. In fact it’s like nothing really happened at all. The thing is I love being around this girl, she’s really one of the few people I feel like I can be myself around. So now I find myself wondering what I should do? I want to try to hang out with her outside of work and get to know her more and vice versa. Then maybe after some time had passed I would try to ask her again. But wouldn’t that be just a fruitless effort? But because she said “yes” I still feel that maybe I might have a chance, but I also feel that maybe I’m lying to myself and that it would be better to just leave things as it is. I tried asking my friends for advice, but they don’t quite have as much experience with this sort of thing. I would just like some sort of advice so that maybe I can just think straight for once.

guitarlover5
    Participant
    May 20, 2015 at 11:33 pm #79443

I don’t think you should worry about asking her out so much, if shes really interested she will want to hang out.

Witty name here
    Participant
    May 30, 2015 at 5:29 pm #79912

I second what guitarlover5 says

Anonymous
    May 31, 2015 at 8:26 am #79916

She’s comfortable to be with you…but she thinks you’re not attractive enough! Have attractive character & attractive lifestyle then…