income!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

income!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

backinthepool
    Participant
    December 6, 2017 at 1:13 pm #159259
    income!

I’m on one of the big dating sites that has a field for income. I’m a bit perplexed on a couple things.

1. I’ve always heard, and agreed your income level shouldn’t come up any time soon in a new relationship, so it’s odd it’s listed on that site to me. Not required of course, but it’s upfront if you do.

2. I ran an experiment. I hid my income for a while and messaged people. I got some replies, not bad. I added my income and got 3 times the response rate. I removed it, and responses went back down. Now I wasn’t testing with 1,000s of messages, so I can’t say it was rigorous, but I messaged at least 30 or so for each period. So much for income not mattering. No, I’m not rich, I am not a gold digger target. I didn’t change anything else, and my profile description indicates I am financially stable and have a solid career without going into details.

Not really questions, just odd things I noticed.

backinthepool
    Participant
    December 6, 2017 at 1:18 pm #159260

I did think of one related question…

That site doesn’t have you put in your exact income, it breaks it down into ranges. I try to be very honest on my profiles and I’m not sure which income range to select, if I do list my income. I am paid a “compensation package” that includes salary. They are a bit different in that all deductions for insurance, retirement, etc are all paid for as part of the package. I have 0 deduction from my paycheck. The deductions are still reported on my w2 etc, and for tax exempt deduction reporting, but any time payroll refers to salary, or % raises it doesn’t include those values, only the part that goes to my paycheck.

The benefit amount is not trivial compared to my take home. If I include that amount it’s considerably higher. So which would I list, and still be honest in your opinion? A or A +B?

anitaday
    anitaday
    Participant
    December 8, 2017 at 5:05 pm #159565

I’ve always heard, and agreed your income level shouldn’t come up any time soon in a new relationship, so it’s odd it’s listed on that site to me. Not required of course, but it’s upfront if you do.