Indecisiveness and Time Away

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Nathaniel
    Participant
    June 3, 2014 at 10:22 pm #54400

Hi everyone, I am new here, and new on help forum sites in general, so please bear with me. Around 6 months I first began talk to a classmate, after seeing her while I was at work. We hit it off well, and things seemed like they were going good for me, I then confessed to her, and I found out she had a boyfriend. Thing was, she told me she loved me to, I was just to a bit to late. Well, few days later, while talking with her, it turns out that her boyfriend is moving away this July for a job in Disney(very far away form my location). This has her confused on what she should do, she is unsure if she should remain with him and try to have a LDR, or if she should go out with me instead. So she decides to go out with me, a week goes by, and she explains to me she still has feelings for her ex, and wishes she had not given up so fast. Few days later, she comes back to me and tells me that she realized that since he was moving away, there was no point in going out with him since he would nev

Aperture
    Aperture
    Participant
    June 4, 2014 at 9:30 am #54411

I would back away from this. She is obviously confused and doesn’t know what she wants. Don’t let yourself get hurt because of it. Give her space, a good couple of weeks. Don’t do anything that would sway her to you. If she really wants to be with you after those few weeks, then have it it.

almamatters
    Participant
    June 4, 2014 at 10:44 am #54421

I would be apprehensive to start a relationship with somebody who may not be over their former partner. I agree with giving it some time.