Initiating contact

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Initiating contact

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

m47131
    m47131
    Participant
    August 17, 2014 at 9:20 pm #59539
    Initiating contact

About 2 months ago i went on a date with this girl I met golfing. The date was awkward and she did not seem into it. She seemed nervous and acted a bit distant towards me. The date lasted about an hour and a half. I told her I would call her but never did because I just felt like she wasn’t feeling it for me and instead texted her about 10 days after our date. She did not respond to my first text nor did she respond to my second text message a couple of days later. In my second text message I told her if she didn’t respond that I would not bug her, so I’ve just left it alone for the last 8 weeks. Been with a few girls since but I am still on fire for this girl. Recently she accepted my invitation on LinkedIn, but I know that probably does not really mean squat.

I want to send her another text and directly ask her out. I’m not really expecting anything. If she does not respond this time I will definitely chalk it up as a loss. Would this come off as being creepy?

Outlast456
    Participant
    September 4, 2014 at 3:22 pm #60689

Well…not really..just don’t be too pushy. If she didn’t like you, then she wouldn’t have responded to you request. Or maybe she did but she deleted it, if not then thats good. If I were you, I would send something to the line of “Hey, How have you been?” DEFF do NOT just go into asking her out….you want to get to know here “again” before doing that. If you do have the time to speak with her one on one, I would not bring up the past, as this might piss her off, or cause her not to like you “because you are pushy”.