insecurities about stuff

DATING ADVICE FORUM

insecurities about stuff

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:12 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jenny
    Participant
    May 6, 2013 at 5:02 pm #30474
    insecurities about stuff

I’m a little heavier, I have curves, and by no means do I check off the “slim” box when I set up an online profile. I met an incredibly nice girl who came across my profile and said I gave her confidence to check off that “curvy” box like I did. My confidence in my About Me section showed “a hint of beauty” (direct quotes) she said she hadn’t seen in a lot of gay girls. I, of course was incredibly shocked by her kind email. I game me a sense of hope for other lesbians who suffer with some kind of image on top of their sexual orientation issues. But I wanted to post this message because it seems like this forum lacked a little “realness” So, just sharing my thoughts, and leaving it an open-ended conversation to anyone who would like to add on. Have a good one 🙂

TammieJones
    TammieJones
    Participant
    May 7, 2013 at 5:25 pm #30581

That’s really great! See being honest will only inspire others to be just as nice. Hopefully you’ll find a girl who’s honest and can share her insecurities without letting it hinder her dating needs…

jenny
    Participant
    May 9, 2013 at 6:42 pm #30953

Yup! and just today I was complimented on how well I put my outfit together. It can be tough wehn you have more to work with under a few layers of cotton…besides, being honest online is as easy as being honest in person. Anyone can see through your lies in person, and they probably will through your profile, especially when you meet.

genesis58
    Participant
    May 15, 2013 at 6:37 pm #31341

That’s cool! see the world isn’t so bad after all. There’s always a few shinning stars out there willing to stand out.