DATING ADVICE FORUM

Instagram to Texting, help

Author
    Comments

• Braytc
    Participant
    October 3, 2016 at 1:00 am #112963
    Instagram to Texting, help

There’s a girl near me that i messaged on instagram last night, she responded first thing with “Heyy (smiley face with heart eyes).

Talked to her for a couple hours, didn’t do anything crazy just asked her if she wanted to text instead, she gave me her number.

Texted her for a while, today asked her to do something this week.

She told me her busy schedule, then she said “let me know when you’re free”.

Talked to her about that, and now she’s taking like 7 hours to respond.

Where do i stand?

leofcb
    Participant
    October 3, 2016 at 4:00 pm #113084

Easy there.

Give it time. You are worrying too soon.

Kudos from going to ig to text, but just give it time. If she still hasn’t responded, hit her with a casual text like a hey and smiley face. Or if you want to throw her off and spark some convo, hit her with a top hat emoji. Trust me, that has always worked for me. Or even an upside down face emoji. Bring it up again casually when you feel like the conversation is good.

I’m sure if she gave you her number that she’s interested and granted you didn’t stick your foot in your mouth then your good

Braytc
    Participant
    October 4, 2016 at 1:15 am #113122

Appreciate it you guys. Its just im literally the busiest person on the face of the earth. I sleep 3 hours tops and work or go to school the others while running a business from home. How could she not find the time to say a single word haha

Braytc
    Participant
    October 4, 2016 at 1:34 am #113123

Still no message back all day. Going to send something tomorrow

leofcb
    Participant
    October 4, 2016 at 2:54 am #113124

In all honesty, you just started talking and you probably aren’t high on her list of priorities. Let it happen in its natural course. Don’t fret and worry for nothing. Messaging her tomorrow in a lowkey way and try to see if she brings it up on her own. If she doesn’t mention anything, then casually ask her again.

Good luck.

Braytc
    Participant
    October 4, 2016 at 4:33 am #113125

In all honesty, you just started talking and you probably aren’t high on her list of priorities. Let it happen in its natural course. Don’t fret and worry for nothing. Messaging her tomorrow in a lowkey way and try to see if she brings it up on her own. If she doesn’t mention anything, then casually ask her again.

Good luck.

Thanks man. Im just kinda emotional type of person i guess lmao. Ill see if i can talk to her after work tomorrow night

Joygrace
    Participant
    October 4, 2016 at 9:34 am #113137

Give it time, wait to see if she responds. But don’t put all your hope in this one girl. You’re still single. So go out, meet others girls too. You never know what could happen

Braytc
    Participant
    October 4, 2016 at 8:19 pm #113242

Give it time, wait to see if she responds. But don’t put all your hope in this one girl. You’re still single. So go out, meet others girls too. You never know what could happen

Thanks. I tried messaging her we’ll see. I texted her, and funny, she posted a pic on instagram not too long after like a half hour ago. I seriously just dont get it

Braytc
    Participant
    October 6, 2016 at 12:28 am #113364

I just got a message from her. “Heyyy, sorry i’ve been so busy with classes this week (smiley emoji)”

Me_too
    Me_too
    Participant
    October 6, 2016 at 4:30 pm #113460
    Reply To: Instagram to Texting, help

Dude, take it easy.. don’t freak out, you just started talking to her so protect yourself from any disappointments in case she’s just blowing smoke. You’ve done your part, don’t look desperate, and don’t chase. Give her a chance to chase you too. DO NOT put your heart out for this girl until you absolutely sure she’s yours.. Right now she’s not. So let her come to you, no need to keep texting her all the time. Don’t drive yourself crazy ok.

Braytc
    Participant
    October 7, 2016 at 9:04 pm #113510

Dude, take it easy.. don’t freak out, you just started talking to her so protect yourself from any disappointments in case she’s just blowing smoke. You’ve done your part, don’t look desperate, and don’t chase. Give her a chance to chase you too. DO NOT put your heart out for this girl until you absolutely sure she’s yours.. Right now she’s not. So let her come to you, no need to keep texting her all the time. Don’t drive yourself crazy ok.

Trust me, im not lol. I haven’t double messaged her once. She responds, but it takes her like an entire day to.
    Problem is she lives close to an hour away and i dont really know where to specifically take her on a date because i obviously have no idea what is even in her location (She lives on campus in a dorm too so) . She asked me where i’d want to go and i was pretty honest about that fact.

Anonymous
    October 8, 2016 at 9:15 pm #113534

Give it time. You are worrying too soon.

October 10, 2016 at 9:17 am #113524

Braytc – if youre both busy, don’t overthink it. If you guys care about each other, the more you talk, the easier it will be. If it doesn’t happen, move on.

October 10, 2016 at 9:17 am #113525

Don’t overthink it. It’s fine! 🙂

bethbyday
    Participant
    October 16, 2016 at 4:32 pm #114233

Take it easy and don’t overthink. People are sometimes really that busy. Patience is a virtue. Good luck 🙂