Is he shy or do I creep him out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sagelove3000
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 2:00 am #85364

I’m in a situation where I’m a sophomore in High School and I’ve been crushing on this guy hard. He’s kind and caring but also blunt and up forward. I’ve started the first steps toward a relationship and that’s getting to be his friend. So texting for a couple of days we found out we have some stuff in common and found myself slowly falling for him more. I’ve even caught him staring back at me in class(he’s in the front I’m in the way back) and when walking in groups of friends I’ve been told he continuously stares and smiles at me. Thanks to some guy friends we went on a group lunch date, me and 3 guys. I was super excited because I’d finally have a chance to get to know him more. So when we get seated the guy I’m interested,lets call him Jim, immediately makes sure he doesn’t have to sit by me to the point of even asking his friend to scoot down in the booth. I started to feel a bit down.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  sagelove3000.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  sagelove3000.

sagelove3000
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 2:00 am #85365

Continuing on, he keeps leaving for the bathroom and won’t make direct eye contact when talking. I can see, when I’m on my phone ,him starring at me out of the corner of my eye. Then all the sudden he pulls out a stench book (previously I said I wanted to see his art) and starts to let me look through it. I thought how sweet it was he decided to bring it and show me. I complimented him and told him his art was beautiful, I then brought out my phone and showed him a drawing of mine. To then he replied in such a bitter tone “that’s it?” And was extremely unimpressed and made me feel horrible. I never thought he’d be so bitter. So my question is, what’s going on with him?! Like it seems that one minute everything is good then turns around.

atomicommandude
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 3:54 am #85373

He appears to be either…
    A) Unable to express his feelings properly because he may have mixed emotions from his peers. (being affectionate at that age as a guy typically the other guys make fun of him for expressing his emotions in a loving manner, isnt “manly”, gets teased, then it effects him, then it effects you. like an image to uphold.)
    or
    B) He is not interested and does not know how to say he does not reciprocate the same feelings you have for him.
    OR!
    C) He’s manipulating your emotions by being sweet at one moment and bitter in other moments. “Push and Pull” technique. Drives people crazy… because then all you think about is him in your mental real estate. Good or bad, thoughts are thoughts, and thats what drives the other person to crave the manipulator.

Think these options over and good luck! remember you are young and will meet many people along your path, this boy surely wont be the last! Move on honey!

kevin_manning11
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 5:06 pm #85417

He might just want to play it a little slow for a while idk he could also just want see your face instead off sitting next to you:)