Interested in an older man, and how do I approach my slightly unique situation?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:01 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lilymunster21
    lilymunster21
    Participant
    December 30, 2013 at 8:39 pm #45476

Firstly I must say I have an open (gay) marriage.
    But recently I have been in contact with an old teacher of mine. We have been sending messages back and forth via Facebook. He always immediately responds to me and is personable and funny. We have set up to meet at the end of this coming month (he wanted to meet sooner) for him to share one of his hobbies (it’s an outdoors activity). Without prompting he told me that he and his wife are separating, and it wasn’t a big deal. I gave him my number telling him that if he needed someone to simply listen I was available. He did not call, but we have continued our correspondence pleasantly. Since we already are meeting at the end of the month I don’t want to seem overeager. He is twenty something odd years my senior and he doesn’t know my marriage is open. How do I let him know I am interested in a “friends with benefits” situation? Get to know each other as just friends and have no commitment mind blowing sex?

punisher5353
    Participant
    December 31, 2013 at 6:35 pm #45485

Just make a comments about your marriage and mention that. Change the subject. Now he knows. I’m pretty sure he will go for it.