Internal mixed feelings, I feel stuck

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:26 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Gib1587
    Participant
    November 17, 2017 at 12:34 am #156736

I met a girl back in early 2015 at church and we were in a small group together (like a weekly catch up thing). When I first met her I thought nothing of her except that she was a solid, genuine person. There was not one skerrick of attraction that I felt towards her. We became friends and still are, there is a mutual respect and trust I think.

I noticed back then she would occasionally talk to me and try to sometimes catch up or initiate conversation. I felt like she was trying to come on to me so I was a bit reserved and didn’t really engage too much I wasn’t interested.

She ended up getting a boyfriend for about 1 year (which i thought nothing of) and broke up with him 6 months ago, she told me when she saw me.

I feel like I am becoming attracted to her and would never usually go for someone like her, she is pretty, but I am genuinely attracted to her because of her personality and our friendship. But somedays I don’t feel this way because of internal fear. I feel stuck

zeront
    Participant
    November 17, 2017 at 9:06 am #156743

Do you two hang out alone at times? If not, that would be a good step too see, if there is any potential connection beyond friendship.
    If you are normally a fairly straight-forward guy you could risk calling it a date.

Gib1587
    Participant
    November 17, 2017 at 6:35 pm #156880

Yeah I am a straightforward guy. We’ve never particularly hung out 1 on 1 before. I think the best way to go about it is to just talk to her a bit more and it should sort itself out but at the same time, I don’t want to damage our friendship as I don’t know if I actually really like her. I guess one just has to take risks in life.

datinglola
    datinglola
    Participant
    November 20, 2017 at 8:33 am #156866

ask yourself what you are afraid of and why you wouldnt go for someone like her.

fulcrum211
    Participant
    November 21, 2017 at 12:24 pm #157096

Hanging out is a great idea. An activity with no strings attached can be a great way to get a feel for things. Just do something fun and relax around her.

Gib1587
    Participant
    November 30, 2017 at 9:25 pm #158163

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have been talking to a couple of my really good friends about it and they have been really helpful. So I ended up texting her the other day just asking if she had done her Christmas shopping yet. Long story short I asked if she wanted to come shopping with me. It seemed like a natural conversation and she said she will be busy working full time the next 2 weeks but she wants to talk to me about it this Sunday when we see each other. I have been feeling decent about it, only had a bit of anxiety about it today but I think that is pretty normal.

Gib1587
    Participant
    December 3, 2017 at 7:38 am #158367

So I spoke to her tonight, apart from a bit of stuttering at the start it went well. She said she is working this week but to text her, she said she will come as I said I need some help looking for something for mum, which is partly true.