Interpreting signs

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Interpreting signs

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

emergingmarket
    Participant
    January 15, 2017 at 7:06 pm #123075
    Interpreting signs

I will try to brief: I’m in large city/am a young professional. Recently went to an alumni event with some colleagues, met a girl that I knew from school but hadn’t really had a chance to get to know well. We went out after in a group had drinks/ and ended up back at her condo after holding hands coming back from the club. We talked for hours and did hook up (not in the crudest sense but you can imagine).She mentioned she isn’t huge on texting but we texted every few days since then and went back to our own cities for the Christmas period. I asked her to come to dinner with me and we then went for dinner last saturday– she seemed very nervous and talkative (took 40 minutes just to order because of our conversation). We then left together and walked nearly 5 K home (instead of using Uber). We then held hands the entire walk home talking about a range of issues. I walked her back to her Condo, hugged and kissed her on the cheek with her saying “See you soon!?”– Appreciate thoughts-

emergingmarket
    Participant
    January 15, 2017 at 8:46 pm #123078

Additionally, she texted me the following morning mentioning a place she liked for brunch “next time./thanking me for dinner. Have texted slightly since then, she had plans this past saturday and was on the road sunday so couldn’t do anything this weekend. Hoping for next. It seems she has a fairly wide circle of friends– which is good. Mine is slightly smaller since I am new to the city. Does it seem like I am in the right to think she is into me? I don’t want to come across too strong but I want her to know I am really interested. The hand holding strikes me as really surprising this soon- most people indicate it means affection/interest.

Thanks for any insight provided.

carol1973
    carol1973
    Participant
    January 16, 2017 at 9:38 am #123101

She’s absolutely interested. If you like this girl, just be honest and straightforward. She’s probably wondering the same thing, by the way. Keep the communication flowing, and ask her out again.

RickJ12
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 6:23 am #123370

Definitely interested I would say and totally agree with Carol. Keep the communication going.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 9:11 pm #123582

she’s totally into you and has enjoyed your dates. the door is open. she’s waiting for you to step thru.
    Congrats… it has sounded like a wonderful time thus far with a ton of potential here 🙂

emergingmarket
    Participant
    January 23, 2017 at 9:05 am #123995

Thanks for the quick responses all- appreciated. Called her yesterday- she wants to take me for Japanese food for my birthday actually. (my birthday is next thursday)

I definitely want to see her a lot more- but trust takes time to build, slowly, as you all know well I’m sure.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 23, 2017 at 12:50 pm #124117

yes.. trust (and anything) takes time.
    this is why its best not to get too ahead of ourselves and think about the future. just enjoy the here and now and let all of that take care of itself – VERY SPECIFICALLY because it takes time.

time to really know somebody
    time to see how somebody truly lives
    time to see how somebody deals with both the ups and downs (anybody can seem perfect during the good times…)
    time to see how somebody deals with all sorts of situations and what they’re turly like when they let down their guard.

so just enjoy. it sounds great! she sounds like a good one!

great news my friend.. great news!