Introducing Myself to a Girl I Don't Know

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Andrew27
    Participant
    October 16, 2014 at 7:43 pm #66062

I went to a state fair. I looked at all kinds of photos related to the fair on it’s Instagram page. I came across one photo of five girls. I think the one girl is really cute. From taking a look at her Facebook page and tweets, I feel we have a lot in common. I’m not sure how I should introduce myself to her. I know asking for a friend request or messaging a person on Facebook you don’t know is considered a red flag. I have no mutual friends either. I don’t think she’s on Facebook that often. I don’t go on it very much either. I don’t want to come across as creepy, but I want to introduce myself to her. I’d appreciate any advice or suggestions.

AlexHg657
    Participant
    October 18, 2014 at 12:18 am #66148

That seems like a hard one to pull off. the only thing I can think is to send her a message, be upfront about how you came to be interested and hope for the best. Not to sound like a pessimist but it sounds like it’ll be a longshot.

nameme
    Participant
    October 19, 2014 at 6:03 am #66166

Well, first of all, it doesn’t hurt to try. If you don’t try, you have a 0% chance of getting her. Even if trying only gives you a 1% chance, it’s better than nothing. The only cost to messaging her is a few minutes of your time, so why not go for it!

As for what to say, say something witty and confident that won’t make you come off desperate or creepy. You could be honest, but better yet would to be to say something unique and interesting, even if it’s a lie. For example, I was looking at the fair pictures with my friend, joked about wondering if you ________ (example, if you have ever milked a cow), so here I am to ask you that! Something like that is different from the ordinary creeps girls get, has a really nice ice breaker, and is something she probably can’t resist replying to. And then, just keep following up with additional questions to keep forcing her to respond, and see where things go from there.

As mentioned before, hey, what’s the worst that can happen?

derekcan
    Participant
    October 19, 2014 at 3:39 pm #66171

Just tell her that you accidentally saw her profile, she seemed really nice (or cute) and you just want to say hello 🙂 It’s simple and effective, because you will know if she is interested in you from the very first message.