Invited coworker to a concert I won tickets to, advice by tomorrow night plz!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:02 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

OMNOMNOM
    Participant
    June 29, 2014 at 8:22 pm #56566

Wow, it’s really easy to hit the 80 char limit in the title.

So I’ve been crushin on this girl from work for a few months. We’re both supervisors of different departments so there’s no conflict, but it is a small office. It’s hard to tell if she’s interested. I see her playing with her hair and sometimes she’ll crinkle her nose at me. We’ve hung out with coworkers before and one time I bumped into her and her friends at a bar and we hung out, I bought her a shot and she bought me a shot. I won tickets the other night for a small concert so I invited her, didn’t say the word date just said I didn’t have anybody to go with. I can’t tell if she’s just not interested, shy, or maybe holding back for the sake of being professional, which has been what’s holding me back.

But now I’m gonna have her all to myself outside of work so no more excuses. What can I do to communicate to her that this is a date and that I’m really attracted to her, and what signs should I look for?

drarthur25
    drarthur25
    Participant
    July 2, 2014 at 5:22 am #56722

Its tough to date anyone in your work area. Once you do everyone will know. Sometimes your personal business can take on an air of its own and become a point of gossip. Its so easy when you spend so much time at work to want to see the pretty women. However if something goes amiss and your relationship runs into trouble this trouble could expand into your work and you could be a double loser,lol. I know its not what you want to hear but think about it this way there’s lots more pretty girls who don’t work in your area that you need to meet. I’ve always made it a rule never to date anyone you work with. .

ZauzetTrgovac
    ZauzetTrgovac
    Participant
    July 3, 2014 at 5:29 am #56747

It’s pretty hard to date a girl from your workplace because you never really knew who she was. But if you think she is a nice lady it would be good to ask her nicely and tell her that your invitation is a date. Have the courage to do that, tell her point blank and don’t send her signals that she will mistakenly interpret into something else. Good luck man!