Inviting Over and Cooking Dinner as First Date?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

n37x
    Participant
    December 24, 2013 at 3:40 am #45276

I’m up in the air about this. How do you ladies and gents feel about inviting her over and cooking her dinner as a first date? I’m in college, have a dorm to myself, and don’t have a car. In the year+ I’ve been single and casually dating, I’ve pretty much made my date having a car a prerequisite. This girl that recently caught my eye, doesn’t.

I can see the cons if you’re in the real world, meet a girl, and want to bring her back to your place for a first date (kinda serial killerish), but I don’t really think this applies since its a tiny campus, most people on campus know me and I have a flawless reputation. And besides, we had a semesters worth of class together, and are at least on a first name, smile and say hi basis for the last few weeks. I don’t know, considering the circumstances, I don’t think it’s weird. Thoughts?

emilyover40
    Participant
    December 26, 2013 at 8:34 pm #45361

Personally, I think it’s a little too much, too soon. Maybe you should try striking up a conversation with her – something more than just “hi”. I can’t imagine someone I see on the elevator every day asking if I want to come over to his place for dinner. To me, it would seem a little creepy.

Ashx88
    Participant
    December 27, 2013 at 11:50 am #45389

Sounds like Hannibal 😉
    Better take her out to a restaurant to start with, or get to know her better.
    Then invite her for dinner.

hellokitty415
    Participant
    January 16, 2014 at 11:23 pm #46060

take her for coffee or even a beer, rather than full on fancy dinner out somewhere. I’ve never had good dates come out of situatuations where the guy wants me to come over too soon, its too much pressure.